Thread: House bill H.R. 5344 would make body armor illegal for civilians

House bill H.R. 5344 would make body armor illegal for civilians

If you have been thinking about getting some.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...270223431.html

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

If I read and understood it correctly it only applies to "military grade" body armor and not the type that civilian and law enforcement buy and wear under clothing. Is that correct?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

"We're not talking about just a standard bullet-proof vest," he said. "We're talking about body armor that is designed for warfare, designed to protect against law enforcement ammunitions."
    We all know this isn't true, but still. Their apparent attitude is "how dare they not allow our bullets to penetrate their bodies."
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Only in the PRK....

"This bill will keep military body armor out of the wrong hands," Honda said. "It would ensure that only law enforcement, firefighters and other first responders would be able to access enhanced body armor."
    "We're not talking about just a standard bullet-proof vest," he said. "We're talking about body armor that is designed for warfare, designed to protect against law enforcement ammunitions."
    So much EPIC fail
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Could body armor be considered "arms" as referenced in the 2A? I'm thinking, yes.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    If I read and understood it correctly it only applies to "military grade" body armor and not the type that civilian and law enforcement buy and wear under clothing. Is that correct?
    Here is an article and an excerpt I found about that point Richard. If correct, this would make AR500 plates illegal.

http://www.guns.com/2014/08/08/congr...-to-civilians/

"Honda’s bill, H.R. 5344, The Responsible Body Armor Possession Act, would place a ban on what it terms ‘enhanced body armor.’ This type of armor as referenced in the bill’s language would include any wearable armor including helmets or shields that offer a ballistic protection of Type III or above as determined using National Institute of Justice Standard–0101.06. The only exceptions to the prohibition would be for law enforcement, military and government agencies."

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Honda wants to make sure anyone who is shot by a rifle dies.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter