Thread: Ruger LC9s

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Ruger LC9s

Has anyone handled the Ruger LC9s yet?

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Not me but I do see them advertised on the sign for my most local Gun Shop. Haven't stopped in there for months, just keep driving by it.

I went looking for one yesterday at Cabela's and a LGS but neither had any. wanted to get an idea of the feel an actual size for a pocket gun.

Steve

Does that mean it has no safety on the other side?
    I sold my LC9 only because it had a safety and it was messing up my operating mode. Very comfortable to carry and shoot otherwise.

The safety lever is on the LH side of the gun.

Steve

Maybe I'll just wait for the single stack Glock or get a non-safety Shield then.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

My daughter has one, she seems to like it, fits nicely in her purse side pocket. It has functioned fine for her with hornady critical defense ammo. She bought hers at Randalls on Dunlap & 51st ave.

I polished up the feed ramp and some of the areas on the slide rail for her but have not fired it, seems a little awkward in my hand, i carry a glock 29, but it could be gotten used to with a little practice.

I just got a flyer in the mail from Cabelas, they have them on sale now, not sure if there are any at the store in Glendale, you may have to order one and pick it up at the store

I don't like the idea of carrying a gun in my pocket, much rather have it on my hip under my baggy untucked shirt, no one ever knows it's there...except other guys who carry concealed and know what to look for
    Last edited by davepool; 08-13-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Looks like I have another handgun to add to the short list:

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Ruger LC9s

I own two of the little guns, one is mine the other is my GFs. She really likes the pistol and does quite well with it.

My only gripe is the loaded chamber leaver. It doesn't hang on my holsters or clothing but it ugly as sin.

Fairly accurate and good sights. My only personal dedicated 9mm. I've owned a Ruger P95 and my GF had a taurus PT92 neither of us enjoyed those pistols. I shoot 9mm in my glock23 with drop in barrel. Price is good, and I'm interested in the striker version now.

My uncle owns several now, he has collected most of the available colors. Some with lasers etc. He has been on a 9mm kick lately and started with a Kahr 9mm, then LC9 and recently Sprinfield's EMP and range officer. Both are fine arms, the EMP had feeding issues but now flawless since returning from Springfield. The range officer has run perfect since day one.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.