Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manlaw question

Question Manlaw question

Gentlemen....

My 18 y.o. son has a girlfriend. She recently dumped her old boyfriend for my son.

My son thinks it's wrong to "take" another guy's girlfriend.

I told him that according to manlaw, generally guys should stick up for and side with other guys over girls, but when it comes to girlfriends, it's kill or be killed.

And besides, he didn't steal her, SHE dumped the other guy for my son.

So I told him that he did nothing wrong and his mancard is still blemish-free.

Opinions?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

She just might dump your son when she finds another more interesting and shiny young man.
    Then again, they all kinda do that.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    She just might dump your son when she finds another more interesting and shiny young man.
    Then again, they all kinda do that.

No doubt. What I was asking was am I right in saying that my son did not violate manlaw?

I believe so yes. However in this day and age dating at 18 is a joke that is taken way too seriously. Back in the day when people used their brains and had common sense, marriage at 18 was considered late.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Gentlemen....

My 18 y.o. son has a girlfriend. She recently dumped her old boyfriend for my son.

My son thinks it's wrong to "take" another guy's girlfriend.

I told him that according to manlaw, generally guys should stick up for and side with other guys over girls, but when it comes to girlfriends, it's kill or be killed.

And besides, he didn't steal her, SHE dumped the other guy for my son.

So I told him that he did nothing wrong and his mancard is still blemish-free.

Opinions?

Well, before you get your son too far involved in this girl, you should really be involved. First off, insist on you driving them on the first date, and then when you pick them up, be sure to drop your son off first. Then you can assess this property and see if she worthy of your sons attention or not. You can test her tolerance for liquor and weed, and see if she can be trusted not to blab all over the place, especially if you are still married. I've done this 7 or 8 times and have YET to find a girl for my son.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Have her remove her Hijab and check for facial hair.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    Well, before you get your son too far involved in this girl, you should really be involved. First off, insist on you driving them on the first date, and then when you pick them up, be sure to drop your son off first. Then you can assess this property and see if she worthy of your sons attention or not. You can test her tolerance for liquor and weed, and see if she can be trusted not to blab all over the place, especially if you are still married. I've done this 7 or 8 times and have YET to find a girl for my son.
    umm lol!
    (also a certain scene from garp comes to mind here)

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Manlaw states: "Thou shall not boink your friend's girlfriend."

If the other boy was in your son's inner circle of friends, this is against Manlaw. If not, fair game.

Other mitigating circumstances:

Is the gal serious girlfriend material or party girl? Party girl does not have to be a tramp, especially in younger age groups, just a gal that is not willing to be tied down to a serious relationship, but likes to date. Some girls prefer changing boyfriends regularly, maybe they are trying to figure out what their "type" is... The serious girlfriends want to know who their date to the next dance is going to be... At 18, neither type is likely to be around two years from now.

Was the break up due to the other boy seeing other girls? Or, was he OK with the break up and not really serious about maintaining the relationship. Sometimes a couple dates for a short period and just do not "click". Sometimes the boy is pressuring the girl to take the relationship further than she is ready for.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

If the dumped boy was good friends with your son, then your kid is bending the bro-code.

To define "good friends"... do the boys regularly hang out together (3 plus times per month, in groups smaller than 5 people)?

I wouldn't overly worry about that though...minor infraction at most. As long as the other boy isn't your sons best friend.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

If your son thinks its wrong then it probably is. Nobody is going to understand the dynamic between himself and his friends better than him. If he feels this will tarnish his character, then I would suggest he go with his instincts.

Don't make your son second guess himself because you have a need to get him laid.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Did the question of pregnancy come up.

Did she dump the other guy because she's knocked up, and he doesn't want to be a Daddy?

Is she after your son because she wants a Daddy for a possible bun in the oven?

Then, I'm suspicious, and old school, this may not even matter any more...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    (1) Manlaw states: "Thou shall not boink your friend's girlfriend."

(2) If the other boy was in your son's inner circle of friends, this is against Manlaw. If not, fair game.

Other mitigating circumstances:

(3) Is the gal serious girlfriend material or party girl? Party girl does not have to be a tramp, especially in younger age groups, just a gal that is not willing to be tied down to a serious relationship, but likes to date. Some girls prefer changing boyfriends regularly, maybe they are trying to figure out what their "type" is... The serious girlfriends want to know who their date to the next dance is going to be... At 18, neither type is likely to be around two years from now.

(4) Was the break up due to the other boy seeing other girls? Or, was he OK with the break up and not really serious about maintaining the relationship. Sometimes a couple dates for a short period and just do not "click". Sometimes the boy is pressuring the girl to take the relationship further than she is ready for.
    (1) Well, she dumped her old boyfriend, so technically she's not "his friend's girlfriend" (minor technicality).

(2) Not sure where the other boy stands relative to the "circle".

(3) She seems nice... not a tramp, quite intelligent. Another plus is that she's a redhead!

(4) I heard that she dumped the other guy because he was into "diapers" (kinda like Maser). I only barely overheard this, so I'm not all too sure.

Man oh man... things were so much easier when the kids were little. No boyfriends / girlfriends to worry about, no college to pay for, the bottomless stomachs were easier to fill, they didn't care what clothes they wore.....

Kids. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1558 View Post
    Did the question of pregnancy come up.

Did she dump the other guy because she's knocked up, and he doesn't want to be a Daddy?

Is she after your son because she wants a Daddy for a possible bun in the oven?

Then, I'm suspicious, and old school, this may not even matter any more...
    I seriously doubt that this is the case. I seriously HOPE this isn't the case.

If push comes to shove, there's always DNA.

WHO'S YO DADDY?

she is using him
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    she is using him
    For what?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

If she's a ginger he is good to go.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Another plus is that she's a redhead!
    Poor kid, I'll keep him in my prayers

I hope this is at least his 4th or 5th girlfriend, redheads aren't for newbs...kid could end up scarred for life, might even turn him off of women altogether.

But, if he survives it, he has passed one of the the rites of passage, a true test of courage, dating a redhead.

Usually it was the sex that seemed like a good idea at the time

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

(1) Well, she dumped her old boyfriend, so technically she's not "his friend's girlfriend" (minor technicality).

(2) Not sure where the other boy stands relative to the "circle".

(3) She seems nice... not a tramp, quite intelligent. Another plus is that she's a redhead!

(4) I heard that she dumped the other guy because he was into "diapers" (kinda like Maser). I only barely overheard this, so I'm not all too sure.

Man oh man... things were so much easier when the kids were little. No boyfriends / girlfriends to worry about, no college to pay for, the bottomless stomachs were easier to fill, they didn't care what clothes they wore.....

Maybe you should show him this video that was posted previously in another thread. Have him pay special attention to where "redheads" are placed on the grid...

Last edited by alismith; 08-15-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Y'all are way to concerned about the dating habits of teenagers.

Most likely because you wish it was you dating the 18 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Y'all are way to concerned about the dating habits of teenagers.

Most likely because you wish it was you dating the 18 year old.
    Lmao! Yeah I'd just get some and whatever happens after happens. Who cares. He's still young and there's so much strange out there.
    What's up my nigga's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast