Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Officer Darren Wilson Suffered “Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket” During Mike Brown Attack

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    A salient point.

However, the reason thousands of people are peacefully protesting is because both incidents likely only started because someone was walking down the street while being black.

From their point of view, things only went the way they did because these young men were black, and by being black were subject to higher scrutiny, less or no politeness in dealing with them, and the automatic assumption they were up to no good.
    They've earned the "higher scrutiny."
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

A salient point.

However, the reason thousands of people are peacefully protesting is because both incidents likely only started because someone was walking down the street while being black.From their point of view, things only went the way they did because these young men were black, and by being black were subject to higher scrutiny, less or no politeness in dealing with them, and the automatic assumption they were up to no good.
    Is this your point of view, or are you trying to say that this is what the protesters believe?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Is this your point of view, or are you trying to say that this is what the protesters believe?
    DU must be slow.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    This is what the protestors believe.

And frankly, I can understand their point of view.

Right now there is little concrete proof on how the incident kicked off, while little evidence there is, is rumor, or put out by the police very slowly over the course of a week or more. So it's hard to say what actually happened.

However, while you and I feel we can wait, give it time, and figure it out with better understanding...they still have to live there, they know (just like you and I do), that no matter what evidence appears to come out, the odds are 99% that nothing is going to happen to the cop. Whether the kid was innocent or guilty, the cop will most likely get a long paid vacation, ending with a transfer to somewhere else, or some sort of disability settlement, etc.

And when the kid next door gets shot, and nothing happens to the cop either way, whether or not the kid was innocent or not, then it's going to piss you off.

And when you are 99% sure that the kid was only looked at, that the whole thing started, just because of the color of the kids skin...well, that is a good reason to walk down the street saying "This is wrong and needs to change".

And when you see it all the time, the cops slow down for a second look at black kids, or they stop black kids over and over for doing nothing more than walking down the street, then you can be 99% sure that's why the kid got looked at.

Complete bullshit and in lockstep with Al Sharpton. Congrats, jackass.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Complete bullshit.
    And you figure this how?

And you figure this how?
    A: The police officer has a fractured skull, and not 10 minutes before this altercation the black guy had robbed a convenience store.

B: The crime reporterette from the Post says there's about a dozen witnesses who are backing the cops story of events.

You can do the usual prog bit and blame this on racism, its expected, but its BS.
    Returns June 3rd.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

A: The police officer has a fractured skull, and not 10 minutes before this altercation the black guy had robbed a convenience store.

B: The crime reporterette from the Post says there's about a dozen witnesses who are backing the cops story of events.

You can do the usual prog bit and blame this on racism, its expected, but its BS.
    Why even take his bait?

We're in midst of a constitutional and national crises, placing the middle class between the growing angry mobs and the ever present police state, but Kadmos and the other liberals want to have a national conversation about systemic racism instead of dealing with real problems that actually present a threat to the maintenance of our union.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Why even take his bait?

We're in midst of a constitutional and national crises, placing the middle class between the growing angry mobs and the ever present police state, but Kadmos and the other liberals want to have a national conversation about systemic racism instead of dealing with real problems that actually present a threat to the maintenance of our union.
    True enough.

But I do love an opportunity to rub it in his face that he lives in a shithole town. Everyone in this state knows it but idiots from St Louis.
    Returns June 3rd.

Which is irrelevant to that point of view if the officer was unaware of the robbery, which is what the news is reporting that the Chief of Police has stated.

Once again, irrelevant to that point of view.

That's the disconnect people are having a hard time with.

Yes on the one hand he likely robbed a place moments before.

Yet at the same time he wasn't stopped as a robbery suspect, he was stopped for walking on the street (my understanding is there is no sidewalk right there).

Is it likely that Brown, knowing he had just robbed a place, accosted the cop...yes I personally think so.

But that doesn't stop the black community from, perhaps correctly, feeling that if Brown had been white, the cop would have driven right by.

BTW, Ferguson remains in St. Louis COUNTY, not in the City of St. Louis.

Nor does this incident make St. Louis a "shithole" any more than a sports riot in Denver makes it a shithole.

BTW, media overblowing it aside, I'm still living my life in St. Louis city, driving around the city running errands, going to the local grocery store where half the people are black, and still having no issues with it whatsoever.

Which is irrelevant to that point of view if the officer was unaware of the robbery, which is what the news is reporting that the Chief of Police has stated.

Once again, irrelevant to that point of view.

That's the disconnect people are having a hard time with.

Yes on the one hand he likely robbed a place moments before.

Yet at the same time he wasn't stopped as a robbery suspect, he was stopped for walking on the street (my understanding is there is no sidewalk right there).

Is it likely that Brown, knowing he had just robbed a place, accosted the cop...yes I personally think so.

But that doesn't stop the black community from, perhaps correctly, feeling that if Brown had been white, the cop would have driven right by.

BTW, Ferguson remains in St. Louis COUNTY, not in the City of St. Louis.

Nor does this incident make St. Louis a "shithole" any more than a sports riot in Denver makes it a shithole.

BTW, media overblowing it aside, I'm still living my life in St. Louis city, driving around the city running errands, going to the local grocery store where half the people are black, and still having no issues with it whatsoever.
    They were walking down the middle of the street at night. I'm thinking you'll get told to use the sidewalk 99% of the time whether you're black or not.

Its a common sense thing, you wouldn't understand.

Just as with Trayvon, we'll learn this was a righteous shoot. But you and yours should make hay while you can.
    Returns June 3rd.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

They were walking down the middle of the street at night. I'm thinking you'll get told to use the sidewalk 99% of the time whether you're black or not.

Just as with Trayvon, we'll learn this was a righteous shoot. But you and yours should make hay while you can.
    Not to mention that fact that being the only white guy in a black neighborhood will get you harassed under suspicion of you being there to buy drugs. True story.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

They were walking down the middle of the street at night.
    Day. It happened right at about noon.

I'm thinking you'll get told to use the sidewalk 99% of the time whether you're black or not.
    Will you be screamed at to "get the fuck on the sidewalk"?

Will the cop back up after saying it and nearly run over your feet?

It's a common decency thing, you wouldn't understand.

Just as with Trayvon, we'll learn this was a righteous shoot.
    I agree that chances are high the shoot will be justified.

What you still fail to get is, it's not just about the shooting, it's about the treatment that led up to the confrontation. The idea that neither of these incidents would have happened if the person was white.

We can dismiss that offhand, which obviously most of us do. But that doesn't mean that blacks will. Nor does it mean that we are right, or they are right, it's just the perception of the event filtered by our own different experiences.

But you and yours should make hay while you can.
    I'm just trying to explain their point of view.

I don't give a goddam about the point of view criminals and ghetto trash.
    Returns June 3rd.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

This is what the protestors believe.
    Talked to all of them, have we?

And frankly, I can understand their point of view.
    Yes of course you can. You understand looting rioting lawless thugs perfectly well as that's the poster child for the democrats you bend over for.

Right now there is little concrete proof on how the incident kicked off, while little evidence there is, is rumor, or put out by the police very slowly over the course of a week or more. So it's hard to say what actually happened.
    What happened is that a cop shot some pos black thug after the thug tried to beat out his eye socket.

However, while you and I feel we can wait, give it time, and figure it out with better understanding...they still have to live there, they know (just like you and I do), that no matter what evidence appears to come out, the odds are 99% that nothing is going to happen to the cop. Whether the kid was innocent or guilty, the cop will most likely get a long paid vacation, ending with a transfer to somewhere else, or some sort of disability settlement, etc.
    Good for him, get away from jackasses like you that want to lynch the guy.

And when the kid next door gets shot, and nothing happens to the cop either way, whether or not the kid was innocent or not, then it's going to piss you off.

And when you are 99% sure that the kid was only looked at, that the whole thing started, just because of the color of the kids skin...well, that is a good reason to walk down the street saying "This is wrong and needs to change".

And when you see it all the time, the cops slow down for a second look at black kids, or they stop black kids over and over for doing nothing more than walking down the street, then you can be 99% sure that's why the kid got looked at.
    The whole thing started cause the cop gave the pos a lawful order and he refused, now STFU. I'm a 100 percent sure that garbage like you will keep tearing down the country.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

A wrong that needs to be fucking changed is black males committing violent crime and Democrats giving them a pass for it.

Fix that shit and we'll see about the rest.
    Returns June 3rd.

All reports have it that an "unarmed boy" was shot.

At 6'4" tall and 300 pounds with a very obvious familiarity with violence and no reluctance to use it, I'd submit that he was "armed" and very well.

I don't give a goddam about the point of view criminals and ghetto trash.
    I'm talking about thousands of people who have been peacefully marching there every day.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTX
    Talked to all of them, have we?
    Obviously not. But talked to a couple of them. My next door neighbor has been going down to the protests during the day. Had a nice long chat with her last night.

What happened is that a cop shot some pos black thug after the thug tried to beat out his eye socket.
    Or a cop grabbed a kid for walking in the street and tried to pull him through a car window after being pissed off that his door was slammed shut on him while trying to get out of the car. The door may have been slammed shut because the cop was so close that the door bounced off both kids and closed. Which is the survivors story.

The kid struggling against being pulled through a car window for no good reason, lashed out and hit/punched/pushed/ or fell on top of the cop, who pulled his gun and fired one shot while still in the car.

The kid ran away.

the cop opened the door and fired again

The kid stopped, turned to face the cop and put his hands up saying "don't shoot" or he charged the officer.

The officer fired several more times, killing Brown.

Right now the evidence supports either story.

If you grew up in that area, and were harassed by cops, been treated rudely by cops, why would you assume the cops version over the other perfectly plausible version given by witnesses and supported by the evidence.

Me personally, I will straight up admit I have no idea which way it went down. Either are possible.

The community has every right to peacefully protest and and demand that the police release as much evidence as possible.

No, obviously it doesn't make it ok to loot shit. And most of them aren't looting shit. Most of them are trying to stop other people from looting shit, but those people also tend to clear out when tear gas is fired...the one's who don't clear out start looting shit.

A wrong that needs to be fucking changed is black males committing violent crime and Democrats giving them a pass for it.

Fix that shit and we'll see about the rest.
    We are currently sending 1 in 3 black males to prison at some point in their life. Something like 3/4ths of a million are currently in prison. What is this "pass" you speak of?

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Yessireee, take up for the scumbag, I'd expect nothing less from a commie un American douche.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast