Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People sure are buying up the AR's.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

People sure are buying up the AR's.

When I go to gun stores (and my son drags me to them often) people are grabbing the ARs up like they are going out of style. The Outpost Armory has two or three going out at a time. I wonder how many have sold in the last couple years?

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

As was said a while back, "These are a people preparing for war."

We're gun guys, you are looking at people that are not. These are the hunter and fence sitters that are arming...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

I've wondered the numbers myself. There have to be several million in private hands. They are all you see anymore at the range. And this is in California.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Come to think of it I have known a few people who bought their first firearm lately.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

You can go in to the BATFE web site. There is an area that has reports of all firearms made by each manufacturer. It takes some effort to compile the numbers as you need to know the names of the companies and where they are located. Usually there is a 2 year lag in what they put up for public viewing. I've done it in the past and if memory serves me there are at least 1.5 to 2 million AR15 type weapons being built each year from 2000 forward.

If that is a true statement there are 21 to 28 million built since the year 2000 rolled over. All firearms of all types total well beyond 5 million units a year. So that would be 70 million built since y2k. I laugh when I hear the stat of 160 million weapons in the USA. That number goes back to the mid 1990's. I make it to be 230 to 250 million from my research and that is probably lower than reality.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

In the past 6 months, I've bought 2 AR style rifles, one in .308 and one in 5.56/.22 LR (it came with two barrels to swap out). According the the dealers, both of these are MD legal. I would have gotten AK styles, but in MD they are a no-no, so I went with what I could get. I prefer AK's but am satisfied with the AR's.

Heck, I may even use the .308 for deer hunting this year.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You can go in to the BATFE web site. There is an area that has reports of all firearms made by each manufacturer. It takes some effort to compile the numbers as you need to know the names of the companies and where they are located. Usually there is a 2 year lag in what they put up for public viewing. I've done it in the past and if memory serves me there are at least 1.5 to 2 million AR15 type weapons being built each year from 2000 forward.

If that is a true statement there are 21 to 28 million built since the year 2000 rolled over. All firearms of all types total well beyond 5 million units a year. So that would be 70 million built since y2k. I laugh when I hear the stat of 160 million weapons in the USA. That number goes back to the mid 1990's. I make it to be 230 to 250 million from my research and that is probably lower than reality.
    Makes my dear old mothers heart warm.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I know here the AR's are going to start flying again since theres a very very good chance PA folks will be able to use them for Varmints/Coyote. Your normal everyday varmint hunter will have their mind opened towards these rifles since they'll be somewhat useable.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    When I go to gun stores (and my son drags me to them often) people are grabbing the ARs up like they are going out of style. The Outpost Armory has two or three going out at a time. I wonder how many have sold in the last couple years?

But... but... an AR can't be used for hunting... and it's not covered by the Second Amendment!

It's only use is to be a plant at hoax crime scenes! What ARE these people thinking? Buying a deadly baby killer like an AR-15!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    As was said a while back, "These are a people preparing for war."

We're gun guys, you are looking at people that are not. These are the hunter and fence sitters that are arming...
    We're ALL arming up.

Your typical gun owner doesn't want any trouble, but on the other hand your typical gun owner won't put up with trouble either.

I've got lots of "stuff" prepared and ready to go. So does everyone else that I know. And I'll bet most every gun owner has done or is doing the same.

If the SHTF, all I can hope for is to take out a few of the enemy before they get me. Then, it will be up to someone else to collect my firearms and ammo and continue the fight.

If the government has ANY intention of duking it out with the average American citizen, they're making a terrible, tragic mistake.

And for FBI, NSA, DHS, BATFE or any other alphabet soup agencies reading this, it's not a threat. It's a promise. THINK before you act.

That works out to one firearm per person in the USA.

I really like the quote at the beginning of the movie "Lord of War"

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Orlov (Lord of War movie)
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    In the past 6 months, I've bought 2 AR style rifles, one in .308 and one in 5.56/.22 LR (it came with two barrels to swap out). According the the dealers, both of these are MD legal. I would have gotten AK styles, but in MD they are a no-no, so I went with what I could get. I prefer AK's but am satisfied with the AR's.

I'm waiting for the stupid NY "SAFE" act to be overturned in court so that I can go back to the range.

One good thing is that I'm saving money not buying ammo.....

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

"Nobody hunts deer with an assault rifle, it doesn't take 10 bullets to kill a deer!" (This screamed in a faggoty, high falsetto, girly voice)

Just ask the emperor of New York State.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1558 View Post
    "Nobody hunts deer with an assault rifle, it doesn't take 10 bullets to kill a deer!" (This screamed in a faggoty, high falsetto, girly voice)

Screw Cuomo. If I want to shoot a deer 10 times, I'll shoot the deer 10 times. He ain't dead until I say he's dead.

Anyway, if 10 deer come out and I shoot just one, I don't want the others to pull a Ferguson and start rioting and burning down the forest. I'll leave no deer standing.
    Last edited by alismith; 08-20-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

well, i've only got one gun and it's a muzzleloader...hear that LAGC...only ONE gun

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    well, i've only got one gun and it's a muzzleloader...hear that LAGC...only ONE gun

Really? You seriously need to change that.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Really? You seriously need to change that.
    I think that was just a little CYA.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Krupski
    I'm waiting for the stupid NY "SAFE" act to be overturned in court so that I can go back to the range.

One good thing is that I'm saving money not buying ammo.....
    I hope you are right, and I hope it happens soon.
    Gunner1558

No need, I saw it live on TV. Made me sick.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I think that was just a little CYA.
    (nudge,nudge,wink, wink)

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Hell yeah! And the rest sank in a boating accident.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast