Thread: U.S. Army Kills Rifle Replacement Program After Competitor Bests Existing M4A1

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post U.S. Army Kills Rifle Replacement Program After Competitor Bests Existing M4A1

After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

The article doesn't offer much that is concrete IMO. But it doesn't surprise me that they killed a possible better rifle off. That's how we ended up with the M16 in the first place. Dumb asses, greedy MF's and superstitious old farts have forever been fucking up adopting better weapons for the troops. Reference not building the Gatling guns at the time of the Civil War. Reference modifying the muzzle loading Springfield rifles into Trap Doors in .45-70. Reference the magazine disconnect in the 1903 Springfield. the stated SOP was to load and fire 1 round at a time and only if you were being rushed turn on and use the magazine's 5 whole rounds!

Until there is a real Plasma Rifle or Laser I think the military is stuck with the M16 platform. Corrupt people will see to it that it stays on the line in service.

Schetuz pretty much nailed it.

Some few are having their pockets lined.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!