Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Kadmos

Question for Kadmos

About 65% of football players are black. Which of the following is true.

1. The NFL discriminates against whites and asians.
    2. Black football players are given better coaching when they are in school.
    3. Black football players have access to better nutrition in their youth.
    4. Blacks have a genetic advantage that allows them to better compete for jobs in professional football.

#4 the weak ones didnt survive the boat ride

Of those, I would say number 4.

There are other factors of course.

If your point is that some stereotypes contain a spark of truth in them, I don't disagree.

This becomes a problem though when one tries to read too deeply into those occasional "groupings" of certain traits, and use this argument to try to deny some people their humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Of those, I would say number 4.

There are other factors of course.

If your point is that some stereotypes contain a spark of truth in them, I don't disagree.

This becomes a problem though when one tries to read too deeply into those occasional "groupings" of certain traits, and use this argument to try to deny some people their humanity.
    Whereas you acknowledge that certain athletic superiorities can be genetic, I am guessing you think the bell curve theory with respect to IQ is total bullshit.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

O!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Whereas you acknowledge that certain athletic superiorities can be genetic, I am guessing you think the bell curve theory with respect to IQ is total bullshit.
    No, not at all. The averages are what they are. Some races on average score higher.

Yes I fully believe that genetics can have a effect on average IQ.

I think it's very likely that a literacy rate of 50% or more for 1500 or 2000 years while most other peoples had a literacy rate of less than 10% is a large part of why Jews are more intelligent on average. (50% because males have been required to know how to read and write for at least that time period)

The research, If I remember it correctly give Jews an average of 115, Northeast Asians 107, whites 102, and blacks 87.

Which basically gives you a 13 point difference between Jews and whites, and a 15 point difference between whites and blacks.

Basically put, you are to me, only 2 points higher that how you compare a black to yourself.

But before you pat yourself on the back too much, you have to wonder if when the statistics come out giving black vs white, presumably jews would be considered white, which might be padding those white statistics a bit

But before you pat yourself on the back too much, you have to wonder if when the statistics come out giving black vs white, presumably jews would be considered white, which might be padding those white statistics a bit
    If arabs are considered part of the white race, then jews would be also...unless you maintain jews are either negroid or mongoloid...or possibly pacific islanders?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    If arabs are considered part of the white race, then jews would be also...unless you maintain jews are either negroid or mongoloid...or possibly pacific islanders?
    All I know is the KKK doesn't think I'm white.

I'd be fine with Semitic, but apparently it's not different enough from white to not be considered white by some scientists.

I tend to either check the box that says "white", or the one that says "other"....just depending on my mood at the time.

Either way, assuming we are considered "white" on those stats, we are still padding your numbers

Either way, assuming we are considered "white" on those stats, we are still padding your numbers
    If you're considered white, it's our numbers you're padding...or are you that elitist?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

If you're considered white, it's our numbers you're padding...or are you that elitist?
    I'm just saying what the research shows.

Yep, our numbers are being padded, if in fact that's the way it's done.

But it wouldn't be dishonest to say that if you were to break Jews off from whites, then the average for whites would likely be lower.

While we are here, why not give me your opinion on how to interpret these numbers?

While we are here, why not give me your opinion on how to interpret these numbers?
    I'd say you're spot on. Literacy equals higher level thinking, including math and spatial problems, all of which help to elevate IQ. Add in the time span of literacy along with evolution (even as gradual as it may be for a 1500 to 2000 year span) and that IQ difference makes perfect sense.

I'd say you're spot on. Literacy equals higher level thinking, including math and spatial problems, all of which help to elevate IQ. Add in the time span of literacy along with evolution (even as gradual as it may be for a 1500 to 2000 year span) and that IQ difference makes perfect sense.
    The question is what to make of the difference.

Am I "superior" to whites? To blacks?

Is either group less deserving of respect?

Are their points of view any less valid than mine?

To me the answer is no, of course not.

If we allow this information to be used as an excuse to divide society it leads to dangerous situations.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

It should be noted that the further your IQ is from the number 100 in either direction, the greater the likelihood of that person having mental health issues and/or personality disorders.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

If we allow this information to be used as an excuse to divide society it leads to dangerous situations.
    Funny, that's not what the left believes, where some animals are more equal than others...

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Just some personal opinions.

Jews are not a race any more than Buddhist or Muslims are. Unless Kadmos is a black Ethiopian Jew, his race is more likely caucasion. Therefore any talk about better genetics with Jews than whites is off track.

Having a 50% literacy rate still equals 50% illiteracy. In Kadmos example, the literate members were the males while the illiterate members were the females. If literacy had anything to do with making IQs higher across the board, then breeding with illiterates would bring the IQs down across the board, and Jews would be average.

Jews have a higher IQ on average because they educate themselves more than most white people. Dare I say that this is a cultural thing that Jews have hoping their intelligence and knowledge will make them more "needed" when the next massacre of Jews occurs.

And last, not down playing the intelligence of Jews, but if they are so much smarter, then I would think they would have a better game plan for survival than "we hope they don't kill all of us, so there will be some left to repopulate".

And lastly, Kadmos can talk rings around most of his distractors. The problem is, he is always arguing for every possible scenario. Another trait Jews seem to have so in hopes of pissing no one off. Kinda like if they accept everybody's life style and beliefs, then everyone will be the Jews friends. It's like it's almost impossible for Kadmos to state a concrete reality about any one.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

It is not assumptions of superiority that divide society. Liberalism is what divides society. For example, I watched CNN for about 30 minutes today and the entire show was nothing but hate speech and incitement to riot.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Just some personal opinions.

Jews are not a race any more than Buddhist or Muslims are. Unless Kadmos is a black Ethiopian Jew, his race is more likely caucasion. Therefore any talk about better genetics with Jews than whites is off track.
    True, Jewish isn't race, but in a lot of ways it might as well be. We are talking about a people who didn't mix much with other groups for a pretty extended period of time. And there are genetic differences.

Having a 50% literacy rate still equals 50% illiteracy. In Kadmos example, the literate members were the males while the illiterate members were the females. If literacy had anything to do with making IQs higher across the board, then breeding with illiterates would bring the IQs down across the board, and Jews would be average.
    First, I said 50% or more. Very few Jewish communities were against teaching females to read or write, and all were for every male knowing how to do both. It's a requirement for males to be able to write a copy of the Torah.

But that's also not the only way that works, because learning is valued, the daughter of a educated or highly intelligent man is more highly valued. You essentially get a culture that is selectively breeding for intelligence.

And of course you know the girl is the daughter of a smart man because he can argue better, interpret the Torah better..it adds more factors.

Jews have a higher IQ on average because they educate themselves more than most white people. Dare I say that this is a cultural thing that Jews have hoping their intelligence and knowledge will make them more "needed" when the next massacre of Jews occurs.
    We were too spread out and too few in numbers to win battles, so yes, intelligence is what allowed us to survive and thrive. Part of that is being useful to other people. It's not a bad thing to be able to put some useful skills on your resume.

And last, not down playing the intelligence of Jews, but if they are so much smarter, then I would think they would have a better game plan for survival than "we hope they don't kill all of us, so there will be some left to repopulate".
    It's more complicated than that, but in the basest terms, sure. The thing you fail to see is how very effective it was. Had we grabbed weapons and tried to defend ourselves against the other 99.7% of the population...we would have lost, obviously. So we found a different way. And it worked. Wasn't perfect, but it worked.

And lastly, Kadmos can talk rings around most of his distractors. The problem is, he is always arguing for every possible scenario. Another trait Jews seem to have so in hopes of pissing no one off. Kinda like if they accept everybody's life style and beliefs, then everyone will be the Jews friends. It's like it's almost impossible for Kadmos to state a concrete reality about any one.
    Lol, it's not about being liked. But yeah it's part of the culture. It's basically as if a debate team decided to make a culture. Those who can argue best get the status, and thus the best women, and teach their kids to be the best so they can show them off for even more status. The arguing doesn't have to lead to any sort of decision or conclusion or course of action. Sure, enough to get things done it does, but the rest of the time it's just for the sake of the argument...because the conclusions aren't important most of the time, because there is no practical use for them except knowledge itself.

Arguing is our sport.

You might toughen up a kid by having him play football, we do it by making him go to Hebrew school.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    About 65% of football players are black. Which of the following is true.

1. The NFL discriminates against whites and asians.
    2. Black football players are given better coaching when they are in school.
    3. Black football players have access to better nutrition in their youth.
    4. Blacks have a genetic advantage that allows them to better compete for jobs in professional football.
    The numbers for blacks in the NFL is coming down then. About 10 years ago it was closer to 75%. But with that being said they dominate certain positions OL and QB are still white dominated, as are the coaching jobs.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    The numbers for blacks in the NFL is coming down then. About 10 years ago it was closer to 75%. But with that being said they dominate certain positions OL and QB are still white dominated, as are the coaching jobs.
    I'm surprised Obama hasn't forced some affirmative action up in there.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I am still amazed after millennia of pogroms that the Jews haven't adopted a more spartan culture where ever male is expected to learn the use of arms; where the willingness to fight for the benefit of the group is a valued character trait. I am not talking to be a ruthless barbarian, only someone who knows how to stand up for themselves and stand up for their peers. I am educated and according to your numbers smarter than the average Jew but I still own firearms and know how to shoot and will defend myself or others if attacked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast