Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LAGC, from what you said in the picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    By that rationale, it would also be understandable why some conservative Americans might hate and want to start stringing liberals from lamp posts across the country.
    BRAVO!!! +1e6
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Check yo privilege!

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Oh, so if they don't get a government "make work" job then they have to go to prison?
    I wouldn't call infrastructure repair "make work." But yeah, I think if jobs were more readily available, many would choose it before venturing down a life of crime, slinging dope and eventually ending up in prison.

How about they finish high school and at least take advantage of the post-high school gifts available? God forbid they pay their own way.

Why is it only conservatives have to put out any effort or ever be responsible?
    "From whom much is given, much is to be expected." -- Luke 12:48

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

being given something is not the same as worked or earned. I will keep mine. all I was given was my birth and a chance to live.
    after the growing up part was done, I earned my keep and owe no one for where I am. live what you speak and give someone else your grades.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    (1) I wouldn't call infrastructure repair "make work." But yeah, I think if jobs were more readily available, many would choose it before venturing down a life of crime, slinging dope and eventually ending up in prison.

(2) "From whom much is given, much is to be expected." -- Luke 12:48
    (1) You didn't answer my question:

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    You think violent gang bangers want a JOB? You think they could DO a job? Or keep a job? Tyrone and his homies just busted a cap in Hector's head over a drug dispute and you think Tyrone is going to put on a shirt and tie, pack himself a brown bag lunch, hop on the bus, go to the office and stay there for 8 hours doing something productive?
    Well, OK let's tailor it to your post: Do you think Tyrone is going to sweat his ass off or freeze his ass off or work in soaking rain doing road construction? Busting his ass for 8+ hours? Taking orders from a foreman "who don't give him no respect"? Do you think Tyrone is going to work for "X dollars an hour" (then have half of it extorted away as "taxes") when he can make 1000 times as much selling dope?

Please provide an answer.

(2) A professed atheist quoting the Bible? What a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    being given something is not the same as worked or earned. I will keep mine. all I was given was my birth and a chance to live.
    after the growing up part was done, I earned my keep and owe no one for where I am. live what you speak and give someone else your grades.

I asked him to do his part and take in ONE, just ONE homeless person and give him only ONE of the rooms in his home. Of course, he said it wasn't "his" responsibility, it was a "community" responsibility.

LAGC wants to spread the wealth... as long as it's not HIS wealth that's being spread around. He's a hypocrite - plain and simple.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123