Thread: The truth about how leftist media portrays Israel, and Jews

The truth about how leftist media portrays Israel, and Jews

Matti Friedman, a former editor in the Associated Press’s Jerusalem bureau, explains the nature of coverage of the Israel and its conflicts, and it is not a pretty picture. The essence of his point is:

The Jews of Israel are the screen onto which it has become socially acceptable to project the things you hate about yourself and your own country. The tool through which this psychological projection is executed is the international press.
    For centuries, stateless Jews played the role of a lightning rod for ill will among the majority population. They were a symbol of things that were wrong. Did you want to make the point that greed was bad? Jews were greedy. Cowardice? Jews were cowardly. Were you a Communist? Jews were capitalists. Were you a capitalist? In that case, Jews were Communists. Moral failure was the essential trait of the Jew. It was their role in Christian tradition—the only reason European society knew or cared about them in the first place. (snip)

When the people responsible for explaining the world to the world, journalists, cover the Jews’ war as more worthy of attention than any other, when they portray the Jews of Israel as the party obviously in the wrong, when they omit all possible justifications for the Jews’ actions and obscure the true face of their enemies, what they are saying to their readers—whether they intend to or not—is that Jews are the worst people on earth. The Jews are a symbol of the evils that civilized people are taught from an early age to abhor. International press coverage has become a morality play starring a familiar villain.
    Full article here: http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014...of_israel.html
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Last edited by 5.56NATO; 08-28-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

It certainly doesn't help that it has become even more chic in the west to be anti-Israel and anti-Jewish. I've read at least 5 articles these past few months of anti-Jewish, pro-Islam rallys occurring on American college campuses. Its even worse in Europe.

I sometimes wonder what progressive Jews here think of these developments. History tells us it will get far worse before it gets any better. Good luck with that.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I sometimes wonder what progressive Jews here think of these developments. History tells us it will get far worse before it gets any better. Good luck with that.
    To quote the author:

"Never again" was (sic) comforting slogan that assured this madeness was not going to repeat itself. Today, I have no such confidence.
    Nor do I have any such confidence, regardless of what our resident apologist says...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!