Thread: Across the Country, the Federal Government Fights For Muslim Worship Spaces

Across the Country, the Federal Government Fights For Muslim Worship Spaces

The government of the United States is suing the town of St. Anthony, Minnesota, a Twin Cities suburb with a population a little over 8,000, to force the town to allow development of an Islamic center in an area reserved for industrial development. It is a minor news story, but one that sheds light on broader legal and cultural trends. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports:

The federal government on Wednesday sued the small north-metro city of St. Anthony, contending that its City Council violated federal law in 2012 by rejecting a proposed Islamic center. …

“An injustice has been done,” U.S. Attorney Andy Luger said at a news conference in Minneapolis. “I will not stand by while any religious group is subject to unconstitutional treatment that violates federal civil rights laws.”

Actually, DOJ happily stood by when the city previously denied a Christian group the use of the same space. Mr. Luger didn’t mention that in his pretentious announcement.

The lawsuit alleges that the council’s decision to deny the Abu Huraira Islamic Center the right to establish a worship center in the basement of the St. Anthony Business Center violates the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act passed by Congress in 2000.
    http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...ip-spaces.php#!

Wether it's via isis in Iraq and Syria or here at home, 0bama wages jihad on christians.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

As I understand it, the Islamists do need a meeting place for all those sleeper cells we have here.

Oh, by the way, IF the Fed. prevails, then the town council should also approve two Jewish synagogs be built right beside the Muslim center and, a bacon processing plant right next to the entrance, plus a strip club and dance center near there, too.
    Last edited by alismith; 08-28-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Remember when people here laughed at the idea of Obama being a Muslim? I don't hear that much now.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Remember when people here laughed at the idea of Obama being a Muslim? I don't hear that much now.
    Hummm, I have seen NOTHING funny about Obamanation, ever.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    As I understand it, the Islamists do need a meeting place for all those sleeper cells we have here.

Oh, by the way, IF the Fed. prevails, then the town council should also approve two Jewish synagogs be built right beside the Muslim center and, a bacon processing plant right next to the entrance, plus a strip club and dance center near there, too.
    A hog processing plant next to every mosque seems like a reasonable idea to me.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Hummm, I have seen NOTHING funny about Obamanation, ever.

I heard that. But no, the same bunch that claimed Islam wasn't a problem in Europe, was a religion of peace, ect.....also scoffed at the idea that Hussein was a Muzslime.

Now, I think its laughable to argue that he isn't.
    Returns June 3rd.