Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See a man with a gun? Open fire.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

See a man with a gun? Open fire.

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

The militia need to let bp know where they are so stuff like this doesn't happen.
    Of course, I can see 0bama ordering bp to fire on any militia it comes across.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Firing on American militia, ok, firing on Mexican drug cartels, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post

Fucking bungling coward.
    Which one? The agent who shot at a non-criminal 4 times and missed, or the militia member who dropped his rifle while someone was shooting at him?

Seems like a whole lotta fail in the incident.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Definitely the boarder patrol Barney. The Militia member could obviously see the boarder patrol bunglers uniform and wasn't interested in wasting him despite being shot at. Would you have been happier if Mr. Militia guy had put two through the Barney's forehead?

You are a fucking tool, you know that right?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The thing, actually just one of the things, that concerns me about this story is that the BP agent is reported to have treated the civilian with a gun as an enemy. Of course there is not much information in the story such as, was the rifle being carried in the hands or was it slung over the shoulder, did the BP agent issue a warning or did he just start shooting, how far away was the agent from the civilian, was the only threatening act that the civilian was carrying a firearm or was there something else? This is almost like the recent stories in Ferguson with little information and the story written to inflame instead of provide information. I expect the BP will hold an investigation into the shooting. The results of that investigation will be interesting, if they are published.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Good points.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

"if published - - -"
    Yeah, right!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

In the days of Bill Jordan, BP shot a lot better! Like every thing else, this too has gone down hill.
    Dan

Taken from another site...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    OFFICIAL NONCLASSIFIED INCIDENT REPORT
    SITREP: CAMP LONESTAR
    30 Aug14
    SUBJECT: BP AGENT DISCHARGES FIREARM AT VOLUNTEER CONCERNED CITIZEN
    On or about Wednesday 27AUG14 at approx 18:00 Archie, a fellow teammate at Camp Lonestar, met Mr Aguliar curator of the wildlife sanctuary located on the Texas Border at a Gas Station named "Stripes". After speaking with Archie, Mr. Agulair showed interest in having us patrol the sanctuary due to illegal alien incursions onto his property. He invited us to come speak with him.
    On 29AUG14 at approx. 14:00 We (KC, Wolf, Jesus) went to speak with Mr. Aguliar about patrolling his property. After agreeing to his terms for patrol on his property, we set out to scout the new property along the river. After we cleaned up 3 crossing spots(we remove refuse to beautify our state and to allow us to monitor new traffic) we observed a dismounted Border Patrol Agent walking down the river road. We knew from working with BP when they are dismounted they are actively looking for illegals that have crossed into US territory. I approached the Agent and asked him what was going on. The BP agent informed us that they had illegals being pushed toward our location from other BP agents. We asked if we could help him and he said yes. We heard voices coming from the river so we deployed to the river approx. 75 yards apart, which was to the rear position of the BP agents position to cover his back. Wolf took the most Northern position I assumed the middle position and Jesus was in the southern position. While I was in a covered position on the river I observed a heavily tattooed late 20's early 30's Hispanic male hollering and whistling up and down the river. While observing suspect I heard a series of approx. 5 gun shots ring out. My first impression was, it was the cartel flexing their might to attempt to intimidate us as they had done previously to BP. I observed suspect until he got out of my visual range. When I went back up to the top of the ridge to reposition myself to further observe the suspect, my teammate Wolf informed me a BP Captain was looking for me. I immediately proceeded to meet the Captain on the border road. I observed the BP Captain coming toward me holding the AK Pistol Jesus was carrying and Jesus following behind the Agent. When the BP Captain and I got within speaking range he informed me that one of his agents discharged his firearm at my teammate(Jesus) approx. 5 times. He stated to me his agent mistook our teammate as an illegal and saw the weapon and he opened fire without provocation or without ordering Jesus to drop his weapon. I then observed the Agent who discharged his weapon and he was visibly shaken. His skin was flushed and his color appeared to be white. After about 20 minutes the Agent was back to a normal darker skin tone. The BP Captain then asked us to move out of the "HOT" zone for our security to further discuss the incidental discharge. We agreed and moved approx. 250 yards from the site of the shooting.
    When we arrived at the new location the BP agent chose, we stopped approx. 30 yds. behind his vehicle. I disarmed and stowed my side arm in the glove box of the mule and left my rifle leaning on the gun rack mounted to the mule. Wolf left his rifle laying on the back seat of the mule and we dismounted. Wolf retained his pistol concealed under his blouse. We then approached the BP Captain and continued to discuss the incident. After approx. 15 minutes BP agents started to gather at our location to secure the scene for the ensuing investigation into the discharge of the BP agents firearm. The BP Captain asked us if he could secure our weapons since we did have illegals in the area and we were not in a position to protect the weapons from being used against us by an illegal. We consented to him securing the weapons in his vehicle. The BP Captain also took possession of my GoPro camera that was mounted to the mule.
    After approx. 45 minutes a Charge Sargent of the Cameron County sheriffs office arrived and took possession of our identification and he proceeded to run our names and backgrounds. He also ran the numbers on our weapons which all came back clear. I had to scratch the paint off of my AK pistol for the BP and deputy to obtain the serial number. He also ran the VIN of my mule which was clear. Shortly afterwards top ranking Border Patrol commanders and investigators arrived. The FBI and Homeland security investigators arrived on the scene. I was questioned by Homeland Security agent and an FBI agent about what I knew and observed. I answered all questions posed to me truly and accurately. After approx. 5 hours being detained by Federal and county officials we were told we were free to go.
    While we were waiting for our identification back we observed the Deputy Sheriff taking possession of our weapons. When I questioned why he was taking our weapons after they were cleared as not stolen and we had every legal right to possess them on the private property we had permission to be on, I was informed they were "Part of the investigation" into the discharge of a weapon by a federal agent. I again questioned why our weapons were part of an investigation that we had not committed and wrong doing. The Deputy asserted he was told to do so and I could retrieve my weapons Monday 1SEPT14 at the Sheriffs office. I was not given an inventory list of the weapons being held nor for my GoPro camera they refused to give back due to their investigation. I was just told to go to the Sheriffs office next week. The SSG with the Cameron County sheriffs office returned our identification and told us we were free to go. Again I asked about my weapons and camera and again I was refused access to my lawful property. We mounted up on the mule and departed to our base camp.
    The statement reported by AP is completely false. We never identified ourselves as "Militia" as a matter of fact we all stated we are NOT Militia just Concerned Patriotic American Citizen here to help protect and serve our fellow Americans being victimized by these illegals aliens and support the Border Patrol in the deterring of illegal incursions onto American soil.
    KC Massey
    CO Camp LoneStar

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

You would think that that BP agents would be trained to not just open up on anyone with a gun especially on private land.

What if it were the landowner coming to see what all the commotion on his land was or just some guy out hunting?

Even so it all goes back to our wonderful federal govt that has allowed this to turn into such an out of control chaotic mess. Secure the border and these messes are far less likely to occur.

Taken from another site...
    So let me get this straight...a fella named Jesus was running around at an area known to be an illegal crossing, knowing that border patrol was in the area, and carrying a AK pistol.

And somehow managed to get himself confused with an armed illegal criminal?

*Not saying the BP agent was justified assuming the details are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    So let me get this straight...a fella named Jesus was running around at an area known to be an illegal crossing, knowing that border patrol was in the area, and carrying a AK pistol.

And somehow managed to get himself confused with an armed illegal criminal?

*Not saying the BP agent was justified assuming the details are correct
    Does your America hating hide have to troll every topic about our out of control government?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Does your America hating hide have to troll every topic about our out of control government?
    I don't think he hates America but he does ask some hard questions. To respond to his post though, this sounds like the racial profiling we are not allowed to do to terrorists. What was the reason for the BP agent for thinking Jesus was illegal, his skin color? Also, given that this was in Texas and a large portion of the population is of a darker skin color (Native American and Latin American heritage) is this BP agent treating everyone who is of this racial decent as if they are an illegal immigrant? Again, more questions than we have information to answer, but none sound good.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I don't think he hates America but he does ask some hard questions. To respond to his post though, this sounds like the racial profiling we are not allowed to do to terrorists. What was the reason for the BP agent for thinking Jesus was illegal, his skin color? Also, given that this was in Texas and a large portion of the population is of a darker skin color (Native American and Latin American heritage) is this BP agent treating everyone who is of this racial decent as if they are an illegal immigrant? Again, more questions than we have information to answer, but none sound good.
    I think your misreading our little troll here. As far as the shooting, I agree. The guy saw a mexican with a gun and opened fire without any warning. He should be charged with attempted murder. Good thing he can't shoot for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    is this BP agent treating everyone who is of this racial decent as if they are an illegal immigrant?
    Perhaps just the ones dressed in paramilitary garb carrying a Krinkov....

It should say something when the "resident lefty" is the one who points this out

I think your misreading our little troll here.
    Nope, he pretty much nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Perhaps just the ones dressed in paramilitary garb carrying a Krinkov....

It should say something when the "resident lefty" is the one who points this out
    So you agree with profiling gun owners carrying legal firearms on private property then. That's really no surprise.

So you agree with profiling gun owners carrying legal firearms on private property then. That's really no surprise.
    I agree that it happens....probably happens more often near the border....probably happens more often when the gun owner is dressed up paramilitary like...probably happens more often when this fellow is carrying a Krink, and named Jesus.

Sometimes it's better to be smart, than right.

You see, I have every right to wear a Yarmulke, wrap myself in the Israeli flag, walk around in a neighborhood where that might not be so socially acceptable, and call the locals all manner of insults....but it ain't smart.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Kadmos, let me remind you, Texas was settled by the Spanish. The Texas revolution from Mexico was started when Santa Anna overturned the Federalist Constitution of Mexico and then denied Mexican Statehood to Texas. The Spanish settlers were Caucasians from Europe. Some were olive complected like the Italians, but have Caucasian features.

It was more true when I was younger, but most of the illegals from Mexico have a lot of Aztec in them. They look different, to the point of some appearing to be dark complected orientals. They, in general, dress odd and have slightly different body language. They use Spanish sentence structure even when speaking English unless very well educated (in which case they are not likely to come in illegally).

It normally takes me only a second or two to spot whether a Hispanic in Texas comes from Mexico or is a Native Texan. The influx of illegals over the last generation and the 1980s amnesty is making this harder.

This BP fired as soon as he saw a firearm. Piss poor engagement for a Federal LEO.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast