Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eat it Kadmos.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Eat it Kadmos.

They're telling you libtards to stop speaking for them......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40SFqadRTQ0

Personally, I don't give a crap all that much. I do lean towards it seeming offensive though.

But don't assume that all Native Americans are thrilled with the term or the team name.

Just because they could find a dozen people to go on camera, possibly paid or otherwise compensated, doesn't mean the majority agree

A recent study by the California State University, San Bernadino reports 67% of Native Americans find the Washington Redskins name and imagery racist. 12 percent of Native respondents were neutral and 20 percent disagreed.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler...l-slur#3a8zq2c

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Personally, I don't give a crap all that much. I do lean towards it seeming offensive though.

But don't assume that all Native Americans are thrilled with the term or the team name.

Just because they could find a dozen people to go on camera, possibly paid or otherwise compensated, doesn't mean the majority agree

You've polled all them redskins and know what they all said don't you? Your kind has destroyed this country. I hope you can deal with it.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I was recently told by a racial and gender minority person that with the proper training I would come to realize I have been a racist all my life because I am white. I personally think, given the history of the term and team name, that Native Americans have been given the proper training to realize the term is racist, whether is really was/is or wasn't/isn't.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    You've polled all them redskins and know what they all said don't you? Your kind has destroyed this country. I hope you can deal with it.
    Uh, Mike, you polled all non American Indians and know what they all think? You know all non Indians are for it? Personally I find it offensive that they said it was bestowed on honor of a guy who was Indian...when in fact he was just a self-made up wannabe white guy.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    honor of a guy who was Indian...when in fact he was just a self-made up wannabe white guy.
    Sort of like Elizabeth Warren?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Uh, Mike, you polled all non American Indians and know what they all think? You know all non Indians are for it? Personally I find it offensive that they said it was bestowed on honor of a guy who was Indian...when in fact he was just a self-made up wannabe white guy.
    I never said I polled anyone. Your hero indicates he has some insight as to what the majority on Indians may think. If that's a problem for, take it up with him but don't put words in my mouth.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I never said I polled anyone. Your hero indicates he has some insight as to what the majority on Indians may think. If that's a problem for, take it up with him but don't put words in my mouth.
    If asking you a question in the same manner that you asked Kadmos is putting words in your mouth, then you are the kettle calling the pot black

Besides, I see wannabe Indians in the same category I see wannabe war heros...pathetic looses not satisfied with just being who they are.

I also find it somewhat ironic that a bunch who say redskin is ok are the same who will post "N-word" instead of just saying nigger.
    Last edited by N/A; 08-31-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

If asking you a question in the same manner that you asked Kadmos is putting words in your mouth, then you are the kettle calling the pot black

Besides, I see wannabe Indians in the same category I see wannabe war heros...pathetic looses not satisfied with just being who they are.

I also find it somewhat ironic that a bunch who say redskin is ok are the same who will post "N-word" instead of just saying nigger.
    Well then I guess we agree.

You've polled all them redskins and know what they all said don't you?
    Yes, I care so deeply about this issue that I found every Native American on the planet and asked them to weigh in. But rather that publishing that amazingly thorough data I instead decided to give you a link to what I assume is a much smaller sample.

Your kind has destroyed this country.
    Obviously my secret Jewish-Masonic-Illuminati-communist plot is to destroy the country by pointing out the the name of a sports team might be considered a bit racist

I hope you can deal with it.
    Yes, if by some ridiculous chain of events, my posting this causes the Washington football team to change its name I think I will be able to "deal with" the massive consequences of the change.

Somehow I managed to survive...just barely mind you...when the St. Louis Cardinals became the Arizona Cardinals...and just when my mind started to come to grips with the massive implications of that universe altering event...there come the Cleveland Rams (Via Los Angeles) to become the St. Louis Rams and once again my world slides into a parallel universe where such things as "moving" or "name changes" are possible

I can't see your post for all the smoke that's coming out of your backside.

I can't see your post for all the smoke that's coming out of your backside.
    Hang on, I'll see if I can fart...that should clear the air

Hang on, I'll see if I can fart...that should clear the air
    You dare not fart. You're so full of shit you'll have to change your panties.

You dare not fart. You're so full of shit you'll have to change your panties.
    Nope, everything went fine, my boxers are clean. Might not smell quite as fresh...but I'm not going to sniff them directly. And no, I won't mail them to you so you can smell them, so don't ask.

Anyway to sum up...nope, I didn't ask them all, I just linked to a study that shows they aren't all so cool with it. I really don't see how a name change would destroy America...I really do think we'd come out ok

Nobody polled me - and I'm a Native American. I was born here. That makes me a "Native American", right?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I was recently told by a racial and gender minority person that with the proper training I would come to realize I have been a racist all my life because I am white. I personally think, given the history of the term and team name, that Native Americans have been given the proper training to realize the term is racist, whether is really was/is or wasn't/isn't.

I'm racist. I admit it. For a while I thought I wasn't, but I was wrong. And it's not because I'm white either.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I'm racist. I admit it. For a while I thought I wasn't, but I was wrong. And it's not because I'm white either.
    Yep, I'm pretty sure you fit the bill Even for those of us who DON'T use 'newspeak".

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    That's horseshit. A real racist will hate and despise an innocent person walking down the street, PURELY because of their race. Being critical of groups is not racist.

was_peacemaker
    I know what you mean here. I have known some very "white" folks who can't prove they have any Native American in them but they act like whitey stole the land from them. You are looking at their blond headed blue eyed self and wondering what planet they came from. LOL
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 08-31-2014 at 03:07 PM.

was_peacemaker
    So what about the Kansas City Chiefs, Florida State Seminoles, Cleveland Indians, and Atlanta Braves? Would those be considered offensive. I know Seminole fans and Brave fans often times do the Tomahawk chop during games and chant a Indian like war song.

Also I think there have been questions about the Cleveland Indian logo being offensive in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast