Thread: More retard leftie nonsense

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

More retard leftie nonsense

http://toprightnews.com/?p=5460

Above: The hateful, racist “Asian Carp” – What’s next, an Eric Holder investigation?

by Gina Cassini | Top Right News

Liberals demanded that the Washington Redskins change their name, even though it “offends” only Barack Obama and Harry Reid and not actual Native Americans. In fact, as TRN reported, most Indians support the name as a point of pride.

Well not content with that, now liberals in Minnesota are changing the name of a fish.

That’s right a FISH. Why? Well because it’s name is “offensive”, of course. This time to Asian-Americans. (Despite the fact that no actual Asian-American group complained about it)

From Breitbart:

The Minnesota Senate approved John Hoffman’s (D-MN) bill to change the name “Asian carp” so called because the species originates from Asia, to “invasive carp”. Since Asian carp were introduced in the U.S. in the 1970′s, the fish have spread to dozens of states causing destruction in the delicate ecosystems of the waterways.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have been fighting off the most invasive species, the black carp from China, the Silver carp from Vietnam, and Grass carp from China from spreading into the Great Lakes were the fish could do massive damage the regions fishing industry. While arguing his case on the Senate floor, Hoffman said that referring to the fish as “Asian” was hurtful to some people

Keep in mind that, according to Wikipedia, this fish has been known as the Asian Carp for centuries — and even the Chinese use that term. But now, according to Minnesota legislature, it is just too offensive to endure.

What is next for these wackos? Changing the racist name of the Black Bear? How about “hurtful” nicknames for U.S. military weapons, like the Apache helicopter, or Tomahawk missile?

With all the real problems facing the American people: chronic joblessness, welfare dependency, dangerously open borders – THIS is what the left chooses to focus on? Unreal.

Retards need to take on chess now, because as you know, WHITE always moves first!
    Last edited by miketx; 08-31-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    There's no way that's an Asian Carp. It has round eyes!

In all seriousness, this is just more typical, time-wasting, political-correctness hogwash.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Here, I fixed that fish so he looks like an asian now. If this offends someone then I can use the appropriate legislative tools to restore the image to it's rightful asian carp form so no one pees their pants, gets butt hurt, or claws their face.

We can call it the VC carp.

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Well, I gotta say, that fish doesn't look to happy

I doubt it has anything to do with the name though

But yeah, on topic, this one is stupid, "Asian" isn't racist...it's just geography.

Of course if they are here in the US, then Asian-American might be more accurate.

Although with them being unwanted (invasive species), then illegal Asian alien might be most accurate.

But if you call them that, the Democrats are going to want to refer to them as "Asylum seeking undocumented workers" and try to get them emergency citizenship, requiring a 10 billion dollar grant.

If the Republicans balk at the emergency funding, I think it's safe to assume they will be called racist.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Just give Minnesota and Jessie Ventura to Canada and lets be done with it.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

" invasive carp" as opposed to any other carp? all carp to me are invasive. they are fun to shoot though.

This is a bunch of carp! Oh, I mean crap, sorry.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

We should ban "Chinese" food and "Chinese" New Year.

It's racist, you know.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Don't forget black widow spiders, blackberrys, english peas, the word niggardly, yellow submarines, sperm whales, brown bags, spanish ommlettes, ...I could go on....

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Gook carp?

I knew someone would say the G word.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    We should ban "Chinese" food and "Chinese" New Year.

It's racist, you know.

Actually those are neutral terms. You gotta think like a liberal. Though I have to admit, there are a few guys here who look at things like this and hate on the 'PEOPLE' from that region because of it. But that sort of stupidity is no reason to try to force political correctness on everyone

Don't forget black widow spiders, blackberrys, english peas, the word niggardly, yellow submarines, sperm whales, brown bags, spanish ommlettes, ...I could go on....

"White Christmas". For that matter, "CHRISTmas" because it offends non-Christians.

And, don't piss of the wrong people or you'll get "blacklisted".

In old movies, the good guy typically wears a white hat and the bad guy wears a black hat. Gotta ban that too.

"Cowboys and Indians"? Offensive!

Indian giver, Indian burn, hell the state of Indiana... BANNED!

French dressing, French kiss, French fries, French braids... ban those too.

German potatoes. Banned.

Russian Roulette... offensive!

Polish sausage? Hateful!

Actually, I have a simpler, better idea: BAN WHINING LIBERALS! They offend ME, and that should be enough to get them banned!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I knew someone would say the G word.
    You mean "gook"?

Even before the VN war, when nobody knew what the term "gook" meant, my mother always used it.

The word (to her) meant something messy, like a kid coming home muddy: "Go wash that gook off yourself!" and the messy kid before he washed was "gooky".

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    You mean "gook"?

Even before the VN war, when nobody knew what the term "gook" meant, my mother always used it.

The word (to her) meant something messy, like a kid coming home muddy: "Go wash that gook off yourself!" and the messy kid before he washed was "gooky".
    Well, let me tell you something, my kraut-mick friend, I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won t know what hit you!

What movie is that from?

Well, let me tell you something, my kraut-mick friend, I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won t know what hit you!

What movie is that from?
    I KNOW!!!!! I KNOW!!!!!!! One of my favorite movies... The Godfather.

AUDIO CLIP

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    they are fun to shoot though.
    Dynamite and hand grenades are even better...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

It never ends Mike. Kadmos must be trying to look "moderate" for not defending his breather-en's actions here. gotta keep up appearances in his mind anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    It never ends Mike. Kadmos must be trying to look "moderate" for not defending his breather-en's actions here. gotta keep up appearances in his mind anyway.
    I don't generally defend stupid.

Although I think he was confusing the word "Asian" which isn't pejorative, with "Oriental", which is...but apparently only referring to people. It's ok to say a rug is oriental, but not a person.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    I don't generally defend stupid.

Although I think he was confusing the word "Asian" which isn't pejorative, with "Oriental", which is...but apparently only referring to people. It's ok to say a rug is oriental, but not a person.
    I beg to differ, you indeed do.