Thread: Wanting an Adams Arms piston kit?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Wanting an Adams Arms piston kit?

If so, fourguysguns.com is having one heck of a sale on them, from pistol length up to midlength. Deal includes a barrel too! Unknown how long the sale is lasting.

http://store.fourguysguns.com/collec...arance-special
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

This system requires a rifle gas length (13.241" from barrel extension to shoulder) and a .750" gas seat.

We recommend using a standard barrel nut or barrel nut with similar measurements for proper fit and function of the kit. Many aftermarket proprietary barrel nuts do not offer the clearance for the drive rod or proper seating of the spring and bushing.

***This kit will not fit under most rails.***
    Not exactly plug and play is it??

You need more parts not supplied with kit and you have to ditch your rail system.... I'll pass......WAS a good price, 'till I read all that.....

BISHOP

Not any more/less than other piston kits out on the market, for example the Osprey kit. Standard barrel nut is cheap and easy to get/install and Magpul is even making a MOE handguard to fit over this type of kit. They have an extensive list of handguards that'll work with it on Adams Arms's website.

I said "f%&k it" and got one myself, due to fact that it's very good price especially with a 1/7 barrel included and that I've been wanting to try one of their kits for awhile. I've been planning to build an AR with blemished lower and upper and this sealed the deal on my next project. Also AA is now offering a kit that is very low profile and fits under most handguards, if not all; http://www.adamsarms.net/products/xlp-products

I plan on doing a thread on the build if you're interested in my experience with it overall.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Yes I would.

BISHOP

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Count me in on wanting to see posts on your build progress.

Let it be written, so let it be done!

lol