Thread: Oh great, my high school in on a CMT music video.

was_peacemaker

Oh great, my high school in on a CMT music video.

A local country music star has made it to the big time. I remember him when he was a kid playing little league. He was a few years younger than me. Needless to say he opened for Florida Georgia Line and his video of the "hometown" has popped up on CMT this last week. The song is not very honest about the place. The little town he is from and were we went to high school is smacked between three larger cities.

In his video he would have you believe its a down home kind of place with lots of country boys and tractors and stuff. In reality its got a lot of yuppies, old money with former residences of Garth Brooks and some NASCAR driver on the north end of down. Everything else is suburbia. Less redneck more soccer mom. Also there ain't no young white dudes around here plowing and picking tobacco. Our Spanish speaking friends do that. I could go in to it further, but its kind of weird seeing how the town is portrayed. Another guy who was in his graduating class went one to write a song for Beyonce Knowles. I think his name was the 9th Wonder.

Anyway I am sure some of you have seen this if you watch CMT. Right at 16 seconds who will see a water tower and to the left of it the old football stadium I used to smoke cigs in during games or just cutting class.
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 09-03-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post

Anyway I am sure some of you have seen this if you watch CMT. Right at 16 seconds who will see a water tower and to the left of it the old football stadium I used to smoke cigs in during games or just cutting class.
    Kind cool that once he had a song that would sell he used the old hometown to back it up
    CHOOT UM!

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Kind cool that once he had a song that would sell he used the old hometown to back it up
    Yeah got to give him credit there. One thing that does aggravate me is that in Carolina's you can write a cookie cutter country music video about you're hometown, chicks, beer, dirt roads and the people love you. Write a good hard rock or metal song with good lyrics and more complex work and these people look at you like they are confused.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Yeah got to give him credit there. One thing that does aggravate me is that in Carolina's you can write a cookie cutter country music video about you're hometown, chicks, beer, dirt roads and the people love you. Write a good hard rock or metal song with good lyrics and more complex work and these people look at you like they are confused.
    Just like most people want a hamburger, not a wine-matched meal.
    Yeah it sucks, but there's a lot of heathens out there. The trick is finding the intersection between your art and their feel-good zone.
    CHOOT UM!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Damn, ol' boy likes his extreme v-neck shirts and hair product.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    "Metrosexual" was the word that first came to mind.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Yeah you know farm boys driving tractors wear that much hair product. LOL!

Trust me, no one in his "hometown"...even the females use that much product. Most of the women in his hometown do not look like that video portrays. Sure there are some hot ones, but most are...well had a few kids and a bag or two of Cheetos. LOL So I wonder how many of them in that video are actresses.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    "Metrosexual" was the word that first came to mind.
    That is what Nashville likes to do these days. Its not the Nashville of Johnny Cash and Hank Sr. anymore.