Thread: New carbine furniture line from Magpul: MOE SL series

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

New carbine furniture line from Magpul: MOE SL series

Magpul came out with yet another set of AR15 furniture (stock, grip, and handguard), called the SL series. I must say, the SL handguard is an improvement on the toyish looks of the MOE handguard.

http://store.magpul.com/category/MOE-SL
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

PG looks slimmer than the Magpul PG I currently have. May order that. Otherwise... I like the old Magpul furniture just fine personally. The triangular shape of the hand guards give me a much better grip on the rifle than standard rounded ones, which it appears the new ones are. My only gripe with Magpul furniture so far has been the width of the PG compared to a standard A2 style pistol grip, making the pistol grip too large around for my hands to grip it and still be abled to flip the safety switch while keeping my trigger finger above the trigger guard.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Grip does look thinner. I bought the thicker BCM one which is also a good grip. Anything is better than stock. That thing used to blister the shit out of my hands.

I have one normal MOE grip, one squishy MOE and one MIAD.

I like the MIAD the best.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Grip does look thinner. I bought the thicker BCM one which is also a good grip. Anything is better than stock. That thing used to blister the shit out of my hands.
    +1. Even the old A1 grip is much more comfortable than the A2 grip. That nub on the front is pointless unless the hand fits it just right: My middle finger wants to grip right where the nub is.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    +1. Even the old A1 grip is much more comfortable than the A2 grip. That nub on the front is pointless unless the hand fits it just right: My middle finger wants to grip right where the nub is.
    I have to agree about that nub on the pistol grip. I could never get a good feel with that thing being right where I want to put a finger. It was nice to find that it can be ground off and smoothed to the point that it looks like it was never there on most grips.

It is also nice to see the zillion things you can do to the basic AR-15 to make it your personal one of a kind even if the specific parts are each sold by the thousands!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well I give them credit for trying to come up with new stuff, though it still isn't my cup of tea. I never tried the Miad, do have the hard and Moe+ (squishy version) and Ergo grips. I like the Moe+ best of what I have. Though the Ergo I have is also squishy it is too skinny IMO and I don't have huge hands, just normal sized ones.

Interesting...I had no idea they came out with a AUG mag.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!