Thread: 2nd Gen Delta Elite

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question 2nd Gen Delta Elite

Not sure it "2nd generation" is the correct term but I'm referring to the Delta Elite that Colt started producing again in 2009. Was wondering if any of our members has/had or has had the opportunity to check one out? Any difference between the current DE and the first one? A coworker was telling me about it on Thursday, he thought they were just coming out. I thought they had been out for a while but after searching the web I was surprised that it was back in 09. Thought it was more recent than that. Anyway, our conversation got me to thinking about perhaps adding a DE to my other 10mm guns so figured I'd ask around and see what the general opinion was on the new model? TIA
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I had no idea they were remaking 'em. I am curious as well.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Don't recall for sure but seems like I read some where that something on the original run of Delta Elites experienced cracking. Can't remember if it was the slide, the frame or what. Could be thinking of some other firearm too but I'm fairly sure there was some issue at least initially. The only semiauto 10mm I have is my G29. May pick up a G20 some day but a 1911 style pistol in 10mm seems like a nice addition too. IIRC Rock Island has a 10mm 1911 now. Might be a cheaper alternative to the Delta Elite.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

The only DE's that experienced issues were the non-SS models.

10mm is a mighty round...it has, and will, ruin guns.

That being said, I have an old Kimber eclipse in 10mm, that I bought brand new....she is still going strong. But again she is all stainless.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Now that I am thinking about it, the only non-SS pistol, that could handle the big 10, was the Mauser M2 (mind you Glocks are polymer...a completely different animal).

I have heard the rumors/stories of HK making a P7 in 10mm, but just like SIG, once you find yourself at the end of that rainbow, you will find yourself on the trail of unicorn farts...

Of course you could always send a SIG P220ST to GGI....they perfected a big 10 pewer...