Thread: Current Tiger value

Question Current Tiger value

Could anyone please help me with an honest and informed current value for a B-West imported Tiger with scope and accessories? I'm in dire need of the money and don't want to get screwed and prices are all over the map in the very few places I've found current information. Please advise if at all possible.

Thanks,

Blake

PS- Unfired and never loaded, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by myelbow View Post
    Could anyone please help me with an honest and informed current value for a B-West imported Tiger with scope and accessories? I'm in dire need of the money and don't want to get screwed and prices are all over the map in the very few places I've found current information. Please advise if at all possible.

Thanks,

Blake

PS- Unfired and never loaded, btw.

Hi Blake, and welcome to the gunsnet!

Unfired with the original goodies should fetch $2,500+. Have you looked on www.gunbroker.com

Wish I had the $$$, I want a Tiger to go with my NDM-86.

How's it compare to this one?
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=191567234

It seems to be a buyers market out there right now so results may vary but that is a rare one
    I didn't know B-West imported Russian stuff thought only Chinese
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Gunbroker can't be trusted for prices. They're almost always way high on rare stuff and too many people trying to pass fakes off at even higher prices.

Forgive me by the way...I just pulled it out of the closet for the first time in a long time and it's Big Bear Arms imported. Regardless...it's the typical bone stock with optic and accessories, ie...

Quote Originally Posted by myelbow View Post
    Forgive me by the way...I just pulled it out of the closet for the first time in a long time and it's Big Bear Arms imported. Regardless...it's the typical bone stock with optic and accessories, ie...

Bone stock Tiger with original stuff, unfired, I've seen selling from $2,000 to $2,500.

That is a fairly realistic price range, but if you want to be nice, I'll take it off your hands!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

What I do with Gunbroker is search for closed auctions to see if any of the firearm I want to know the value of has actually sold. That is where I usually get reasonable values. I agree that most listings are not actually auctions but for sale listings. Every now and then you can get a good buy, but you have to be careful.

Anyway, I would agree with ATAK,inc. that the Tiger would sell for around $2000. Yours has the standard butt stock instead of the SVD stock, but that makes it more original or "as delivered". Good for collectors of unmolested firearms.

It also appears to be a 1993 model which has all the markings that the 1994 doesn't have. While that doesn't truly affect value, I personally like the markings that the 93 has.

I see you've already been here
    http://www.dragunov.net/tiger.html

Here's another, if you look at post's 6 & 7 they are saying they'd like to pay at $2000- $2500 but it's a year old thread
    http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/pow...gunbroker.html

You could start there or lower if you need the coin and let the bidders decide if it really has to go.
    Auction would be the best way to go I think
    Last edited by Full Otto; 10-02-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The funny things I have seen on Gunbroker auctions:

A firearm with a fixed price that is just a bit too high has no bids.

That same type of firearm in another listing, a true auction started at one penny and after several dozen bids sold for more money than the overpriced fixed bid noted above.

Auctions are funny creatures. People will bid on something that gets too high, and don't stop and the funny thing is that just a listing or two away is the same firearm, different seller, going for less money with no bids because the starting price was too high to begin with.

When I think back to what I paid for my TIGR many years ago, I am so thankful that I got it!!! And believe it or not, I have had it out and run a few through it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    The funny things I have seen on Gunbroker auctions:

A firearm with a fixed price that is just a bit too high has no bids.

That same type of firearm in another listing, a true auction started at one penny and after several dozen bids sold for more money than the overpriced fixed bid noted above.

Auctions are funny creatures. People will bid on something that gets too high, and don't stop and the funny thing is that just a listing or two away is the same firearm, different seller, going for less money with no bids because the starting price was too high to begin with.

When I think back to what I paid for my TIGR many years ago, I am so thankful that I got it!!! And believe it or not, I have had it out and run a few through it!!!!

That is a fact, I've done it myself, but for small things I just had to have!

I got my NDM-86 for just over $2k, now... mucho $$$!!!

Here are some prices from completed auctions....

http://dragunov.us/track/track.html

Quote Originally Posted by hilljack View Post

Hey hilljack, welcome back!

Thanks man. Good to see the old joint back up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by hilljack View Post

Perfect! I appreciate this link so much.

Glad it was of use to you.