Thread: Obama Tells Congress He Has All the Authority He Needs to Go After ISIS

Obama Tells Congress He Has All the Authority He Needs to Go After ISIS

President Obama on Tuesday told congressional leaders he doesn't need legislative approval to pursue the military strategy against the Islamic State that he plans to outline to the nation on Wednesday night.

But, according to the White House, Obama also told the leaders that if Congress wants to show his support anyway, it can go right ahead.

The news came after the president gathered the top two congressional officials from each party in the Oval Office to brief them on his strategy to defeat ISIS, one day before he delivers his prime-time address.
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-tells-co...221517107.html

And he's going to stand down, just as he did in Benghazi.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Contributor 05/2012

As long as he tells us what he's NOT going to do...........<rolleyes>

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    President Obama on Tuesday told congressional leaders he doesn't need legislative approval to pursue the military strategy against the Islamic State that he plans to outline to the nation on Wednesday night.

But, according to the White House, Obama also told the leaders that if Congress wants to show his support anyway, it can go right ahead.

The news came after the president gathered the top two congressional officials from each party in the Oval Office to brief them on his strategy to defeat ISIS, one day before he delivers his prime-time address.
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-tells-co...221517107.html

And he's going to stand down, just as he did in Benghazi.
    WHY 0bama has not yet been impeached a dozen times over is beyond my understanding.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    WHY 0bama has not yet been impeached a dozen times over is beyond my understanding.
    I'm thinking 0bama has the goods on all who could make trouble for him as in impeachment and so on. That and the ones he has nothing on he has scared, likely by threatening their family.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I'm thinking 0bama has the goods on all who could make trouble for him as in impeachment and so on. That and the ones he has nothing on he has scared, likely by threatening their family.
    Maybe the NSA gave him everything he needs to threaten anyone who opposes him.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Obama Tells Congress He Has All the Authority He Needs to Go After ISIS
    So let him go! He has all the authority he needs, then just hand him an M16 and an M9, some ammo and send him to Iraq to go after ISIS! What is so wrong with that?

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    So let him go! He has all the authority he needs, then just hand him an M16 and an M9, some ammo and send him to Iraq to go after ISIS! What is so wrong with that?
    if I drank. i'd drink to that.

I can see it now,

"US President joins ISIS, lops heads....."

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

I can see it now,

please...he's far too much of a pussy.

This is probably exactly the case... just like the "Friends of Bill" list.

Not an M16. What does he need an "assault rifle" for?

An M9 and 10 rounds should be WAY more than enough. That's what all the anti-gun liberal democrats say, right?

I can see it now,

I wish he would join ISIS. Then he could destroy THEM instead of our Country.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

If a Republican tried this the moonbats would be in the streets, but since its the boy wonder, not a peep.
    Returns June 3rd.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    More likely his handlers have all the goods on him. Videos of him engaging in oral sex with white men while he was young and prowling the beaches in Hawaii. Photos, videos of his mac daddy antics performing favors for drugs. The enemy of this world props up his puppets and promises them everything if only they worship him, and in the end they are thrown aside, shamed and ridiculed as their once benevolent master turns on them. Obama is an obvious dismal failure for everyone but his handlers. He is a post turtle. It's clear he is an enigma...a puppet who has not the qualities required to successfully run a mobile food cart. And yet, the world is full of his enamored followers. The deception is strong and it's worth looking deeper and asking why this is the case with many ignorant and intelligent alike.
    Very well put.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I wish he would join ISIS. Then he could destroy THEM instead of our Country.
    Hey, that's not a bad idea. How to destroy our enemies, just let obama lead them for a while.

Obama Plans To Fight ISIS By... Giving More Weapons To ISIS?
    It appears that, in a rush to get his strategy out the door, President Obama overlooked his key "do nothing stupid" foreign policy plan.
    •OBAMA SAID TO SEEK CONGRESS AUTHORITY TO ARM SYRIAN REBELS

So - to be clear - the strategy to defeat ISIS is to arm more of the same "rebels" that ultimately split off and became, well, ISIS?

Perhaps it's better if Obama sticks to his original "no strategy" plan after all... if only for the people, not so much the military-industrial complex of course.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...more-arms-isis

Funny thing happened, Vlad Putin was quoted as saying that King Barack has no right invading another country, talking about Syria. Hey Vlad, what about you and Ukraine?

I hate this man and I do not use the word hate flippantly. hate is what was done on this date 13 years ago. we are coming to a time that there are no real leaders. male or female.
    the ones that try are demolished by the media. maybe you agree or not but imo the biggest threat is pc thinking. jmo
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

And King Barack continually talks about arming rebel fighters, Syrian rebels, or any other Arab group de jour but we the people who have the right given by constitutional law are expected to turn ours in if asked. That plus we are forbidden from owning modern weapons of defense.

Hey Barack, I want one or more of those weapons you are giving to those who most likely one day will be our next enemy.

Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrator of DHS who Called for Caliphate Leaves DHS One Day after Sotloff Beheaded by ISIS Caliphate
    A man who has been identified as a Muslim Brotherhood infiltrator of the U.S. Government and who was identified as a person of interest in a 2012 five-member Congressional inquiry has stepped down from his position with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It is not yet known the reason(s) behind Mohamed Elibiary’s departure but he has developed a penchant for letting his mask slip on twitter.
    http://shoebat.com/2014/09/10/muslim...sis-caliphate/

Senior Obama Advisor Stands with Leader of Notorious Terror-Connected Mosque on ISIS
    It really couldn’t be more transparent what’s going on here. Rand Beers, former Acting DHS Secretary and current Senior Adviser to Barack Obama stood shoulder to shoulder with the Outreach Director of the notorious Dar al-Hijrah mosque Johari Abdul Malik at the National Press Club. The stated intent was to express solidarity on the issue of denouncing ISIS. What happened was that Beers allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to trash the USA publicly on American soil, in the U.S. Capital.
    http://shoebat.com/2014/09/11/senior...d-mosque-isis/