Thread: New shipments of surplus SKS?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question New shipments of surplus SKS?

Was at a local gun store today and saw an open crate of Chinese SKS. There things were nasty with cosmolene and looked to have seen a lot of use. I've seen Yugo's, Romanians and Russians in crates like this but never Chinese. Didn't ask where they got them or how much they wanted as I don't need a fifth SKS but will probably stop back by again next week on another matter and may check them out more closely. Anyone seen or heard of Chinese surplus coming in or is it more likely they just found/bought an old stash? TIA
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I've seen them on the online distributors for about the last one year.

They had been used by some sort of crappy eastern European militia, if I remember correctly. Supposedly they come with all sorts of mismatched parts and some of them are actually Russian. They are importable because they were held in a "friendly" country for so long.

They are probably the same rifles as these: http://www.classicfirearms.com/chicomsks
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

FunkyPertwee is right.

I just saw a 4 digit SN, Sino-Soviet on FB, that came from this batch.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    yep, been a shit load of them brought in lately, a lot of russians and early sino/soviets mixed in. Every one that I've seen has been beat to hell.