Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to handle the "ammo issue"?

It's kind of a moot point. If you shoot someone they ought to be armed and an immediate threat to you. If they are, well, there is your resupply. What worries me more is that there will be people assuming that everyone is a threat and shooting people just going about that business. For that reason I think carrying a long gun may just paint a big target on you. Carrying concealed is probably going to be the way to go.

Very few reasons to bug out in my opinion. If you do have to bug out, low profile would be my plan. Walk around with half the army surplus store hanging off your body and you're going to be a target. I actually think I would take my wife's nondescript vehicle over my 4x4. I have a concealable plate carrier that fits under a 2XL flannel no problem. If I had to be on foot, my goal would be to look like a vagrant, not a SEAL. Maybe have a rifle buried in some trash in a shopping cart I'm pushing down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    If I had to be on foot, my goal would be to look like a vagrant, not a SEAL. Maybe have a rifle buried in some trash in a shopping cart I'm pushing down the street.
    I wouldn't have ever thought of that but it sounds like a pretty good idea if things get that bad.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I wouldn't have ever thought of that but it sounds like a pretty good idea if things get that bad.
    I would think that if a bad guy saw you walking around looking like a mall ninja with a bunch of fancy gear and an expensive rifle he would just shoot you in the back and steal your shit.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Since I'll be bugging in I don't plan on lugging all my gear anywhere. Makes it simple for me.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Due to space limitations, I try to limit my ammo to four main calibers. Those are .22LR/Mag (4 guns - for now), 7.62x39 (1 AK), .38/.357 (1 gun - for now), and .380 (1 gun).
    That being said, I reload my .380 and my .243 (hardly ever shoot it) and I'm acquiring supplies for reloading the .38/.357. I also have an old .32 ACP that isn't very accurate and a .25 ACP that is. Both have very limited ammo for obvious reasons.
    I also have 2 12 gauge shotties with plenty of ammo for both.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

308, 5.56, 9mm and 40S&W is all I've been buying, being on the same page as military and police just seems like a good idea. Lately I've been wanting a AK pistol for SHTF. Concealable and more punch than most pistols.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    308, 5.56, 9mm and 40S&W is all I've been buying, being on the same page as military and police just seems like a good idea. Lately I've been wanting a AK pistol for SHTF. Concealable and more punch than most pistols.
    AK Pistol has the power factor of the .44 magnum 240 gr. bullet. It also has even more muzzle blast and a fireball the size of a basket ball at the muzzle. Better put a good hider on it and wear earplugs.

Thanks Schuetz, it would be best to just SBR one but I'm tired of waiting on Atf paperwork. But I do need to get back into some AK platforms while the ammo is still cheaper than everything else. I've only shot a .44 mag a few times a while back and it wasn't bad. Thanks again for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12