Thread: +P ain't what it used to be

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up +P ain't what it used to be

I've read/known Saxonpig from the S&W Forum for a number of years. I found this article to be interesting, informative and something I'm very much in agreement with.

http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.co...-saxonpig.html
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

good read. thanks for the info.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I've read/known Saxonpig from the S&W Forum for a number of years. I found this article to be interesting, informative and something I'm very much in agreement with.

http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.co...-saxonpig.html
    I've never noticed any real difference between regular ammo and +P (recoil or sound-wise).

I never chrono'd +P, but I always suspected that it was 10% improvement and 90% marketing hype.

On a similar note, A year or so ago I bought a case of X39 "Tula" ammo and that stuff seemed to be "-P" (minus-P) ammo. I'll bet that stuff only has a 1/2 powder charge.

It has a lot less recoil and noise than regular X39. I noticed it, my son noticed it and my shooting buddy noticed it. We all said "that doesn't sound right".

So I loaded a mag with alternating Golden Tiger and Tula. Sure enough... BOOM, pop, BOOM, pop, BOOM, pop... the Tula stuff was pathetic!

I'm glad that crap is finally gone. I even took a picture of the box to warn others not to buy that kind.......

Look at the price!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!