be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

I've been for this sense day one!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I understand it will have no affect on me,
    but it would sure make others that do not pay attention
    raise their heads from the I phone.
    I have nothing but the utmost appreciation and respect for our military PERSONNEL, but the commanders, the "rules of engagement" and the "Commander in Chief" leave a lot to be desired.

I would be all for a draft.... it would do these apathetic IPhone wearing "millennial" kids (the 20-30 age group) a world of good.

But what then? Have my sons sent to a desert 1/2 way around the planet to a country that hates us, doesn't want us there with their hands tied behind their backs by "rules of engagement" and whining civilians back home who piss themselves every time there's an unfortunate "collateral damage" accident?

Sorry, but I don't want my kids shot, blown up, horribly mutilated, killed or beheaded on video just so that the President can draw another line in the sand with his golf club.

To defend OUR Country, no holds barred... sure... in fact I would enlist if they let me. But to play a politician's sick game while defense contractors get rich drinking the blood of OUR children? No fucking way!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

As long as Chelsea and the rest of the children of politicians are included I'm all for it.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    As long as Chelsea and the rest of the children of politicians are included I'm all for it.
    Oh no... politicians won't send THEIR kids to serve. They want YOUR and MINE to die for THEM.

Military service is so beneath their ivory towers... hell their hands might get dirty!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

No fucking way am I sending anybody to the draft when literally every branch of Government is occupied by traitors.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I think there is something to be said for compulsury military training. Even it it is only 6 months to a year. Extra benefits should be given to those who volunteer for longer periods of service though.

there will come a time when the patriots will not join. I understand, perfectly, you and Krup. but I am tired of people voting and having no idea what it really means.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

It used to be called a citizens army, and all able bodied men and women were the militia. Today we have a professional army answerable to communists and washington, lead by armchair career political generals, who with few exceptions show remarkably few warrior characteristics. Its time that we all be reminded that we are in this together. Bring back the citizen army.

There's a reason they ascend to those ranks and it's not job performance. Unless job performance includes being a "yes man" and a political hack.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    There's a reason they ascend to those ranks and it's not job performance. Unless job performance includes being a "yes man" and a political hack.
    And the fact that they are capable of "Suck starting" a B-52 engine!

On a lot of topics I don't take a strong position, but on this one I will.

I read a lot of Heinlein as a kid, loved Starship Troopers and thought the idea of military service to gain citizenship sounded like a great noble idea.

But, fuck that.

If a country is responsibly using its military for defense, and taking good care of its vets, then it may be one thing.

But right now, hell fucking no.

When one of the main use of the common soldier is the tactic of "drive around until you get blown up", fuck that. I'm not raising kids to be "cannon fodder" because a president shows some grainy pictures of what looks like a shed and a few trucks and can't even convince the UN that there might be an issue.

I spent a lot of time, money, energy, and love to get my kid to be a decent useful person, I really don't need them shipped off to god knows where, on flimsy evidence and excuses, to (hopefully) come back, possibly with horrible wounds both physical and mental, just so some jackass can feel like other peoples kids have....I don't know..suffered?...enough for their personal idea of what someone else should do to "become a good American".

I love our military, the last thing they need is hundreds of thousands of unwilling soldiers who got forced into it as though it were some sort of prison sentence to be served in a Mad Max film.

BTW, billions of our tax dollars, some of mine included, went to building us drones, so we can put a damn good hurt on other people while our kids can sit safely in an office building calmly finding appropriate targets to strike.

Nope, sorry, you don't get to send my flesh and blood, by force, to satisfy your need for some sort of lame "team building" exercise so you can feel the next generation will be "properly patriotic" in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    No fucking way am I sending anybody to the draft when literally every branch of Government is occupied by traitors.
    You said the same thing I said... except a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1558 View Post
    And the fact that they are capable of "Suck starting" a B-52 engine!
    I thought it was more to do with sucking monkeys through 50 feet of garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    When one of the main use of the common soldier is the tactic of "drive around until you get blown up", fuck that. I'm not raising kids to be "cannon fodder" because a president shows some grainy pictures of what looks like a shed and a few trucks and can't even convince the UN that there might be an issue.
    I'm not a soldier.... I have no real clue what I'm talking about, but I can make a few assumptions (someone tell me if I'm wrong):

(1) The main purpose of our military should be to protect and defend the United States, our citizens and our way of life.

(2) When it is necessary for our military to fight an enemy, they should fight to win, and win as quickly as possible.

#2, stated a different way, would be "if you're gonna do something, do it right or don't do it at all".

In WW-II, there was one rule of engagement: Kill the fucking enemy everywhere you find him and win.

Nowadays, all the enemy has to do is hide in a mosque and our entire military is paralyzed... unable to do anything... because of absurd "rules of engagement".

Why ANYONE volunteers to serve under such idiotic rules is beyond my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by studmuffin View Post
    It used to be called a citizens army, and all able bodied men and women were the militia. Today we have a professional army answerable to communists and washington, lead by armchair career political generals, who with few exceptions show remarkably few warrior characteristics. Its time that we all be reminded that we are in this together. Bring back the citizen army.
    Our military was total shit when it was filled with draftees. Think of the rampant drug use during and following Vietnam.

I'm actually amazed at how little respect the notion of the volunteer army has here. I thought you people were tired of Government encroachment.

And by the way, it looks like Charie Rangel beat you guys to the punch. Does it feel good to be on his side?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/07/rangel.draft/
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Also consider the fact that the Feds would love nothing more than to draft I giant illegal immigrant army who have no American values whatsoever, and don't mind shooting white Americans in order to take their guns.

Look at how the yanks used immigrant draftees to fight their war for them in the south during the civil war. They'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I find it highly ironic that somebody here who is way past service age decides it's "time to bring back the draft".

Maybe if this thread was started by somebody of draft/service age it might have my respect.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Instead of re-instituting the draft I think we should raise the voting age to 25 - unless you serve in the military.

Service Guarantees Citizenship.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

There is no need for a draft, they are counter-productive in the long run.

I do believe that service in the National Guard should be mandatory for all men and women....but then again I believe that the NG should be used for domestic purposes only.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast