Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get medeivil on him gets a new meaning....

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Get medeivil on him gets a new meaning....

Texas Game of Thrones fan staves off an intruder with a MEDIEVAL SWORD instead of a gun because he is a christian who doesn't believe in killing
    • Thomas McGowan, 25, broke into the home of Jimmy Morgan, Jr. on Tuesday night in attempt to hide from the police
    • Jimmy Morgan Jr. saw McGowan and used a medieval sword to fight him off
    • 'I am a Christian man and I don't want to take life, however I want to make sure that he understands that his life was mine to take. I let him have it, ' said Morgan Jr.
    • Jimmy Morgan Jr. is a Game of Thrones fan who practices medieval sword fighting but does not own a firearm

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3DydcTY35
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    The perp...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

There is a segment of society, usually fans of the fantasy genre, who have this bizarre notion that somehow a blade (or other medieval weapon) is morally superior, more honorable, or more elegant than a modern firearm. Mr. Morgan is obviously one of these idiots. He "doesn't believe in killing", yet used a far more horrific weapon than a firearm (assuming you are able to get the upper hand in a fight with an antiquated weapon, he's lucky his attacker wasn't armed with a modern weapon). Maybe he wasn't paying attention to what these weapons do when used properly in the resulting bloodbath of any given Game of Thrones episode. By the way, if he is such a devout Christian that he is unwilling to take a life, how is it possible to also be a Game of Thrones fan. That's not exactly family entertainment. And the quote, "I want to make sure he understands that his life was mine to take" sounds like he's a bit of a sanctimonious douchebag living in his Game of Thrones fantasy world.

Glad the guy prevailed against his attacker, but he sounds incredibly foolish and incredibly lucky.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

His morally superior ass might catch a bullet one day if he puts too much faith in his skills or threatening appearance with a large sword. A punk 14 year old with a .22 can put your ass under the dirt no matter how big and mean you are.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

hey haven't you seen what a Jedi can do with a sabre?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

If 0bama had a son.....
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

This reads like an out & out case of White Racism to me.

Mr McGowan was simply expressing his right after 400 years of oppression to an impromptu redistribution of ill-gotten wealth from Mr Morgan, Jr.

No doubt the courts will throw the book @ this racist sword-wielder.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Using a medieval sword is an expression of European whiteness, he imposed his Christian beliefs on the victim by not killing him, and expressed ownership of the victim like a slave-master with the "his life was mine" comment, this is obviously a hate crime.
    Last edited by nfa1934; 09-21-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    His morally superior ass might catch a bullet one day if he puts too much faith in his skills or threatening appearance with a large sword. A punk 14 year old with a .22 can put your ass under the dirt no matter how big and mean you are.
    This incident will do nothing but foster, further, his morally superior attitude to the point where he will think himself invincible with his sword. This won't come out well for him in the long run.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    There is a segment of society, usually fans of the fantasy genre, who have this bizarre notion that somehow a blade (or other medieval weapon) is morally superior, more honorable, or more elegant than a modern firearm. Mr. Morgan is obviously one of these idiots. He "doesn't believe in killing", yet used a far more horrific weapon than a firearm (assuming you are able to get the upper hand in a fight with an antiquated weapon, he's lucky his attacker wasn't armed with a modern weapon).
    I have a healthy respect for the power of firearms, but I am deathly afraid of blades.

I do not carry a defensive knife. The only knife I carry is a small pocket knife on Scouting trips to use for cutting rope, shaving wood, etc...

One way to absolutely 100% scare the hell out of me and make me pull the trigger for fear of my life is to whip out a blade.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

According to many marshal arts instructors, a blade drawn will take a holstered pistol at 10 feet or under unless the pistol carrier is a really good quick draw expert...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    hey haven't you seen what a Jedi can do with a sabre?
    think raiders of the lost arc.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    According to many marshal arts instructors, a blade drawn will take a holstered pistol at 10 feet or under unless the pistol carrier is a really good quick draw expert...
    I've heard as much as 7 yards

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    There is a segment of society, usually fans of the fantasy genre, who have this bizarre notion that somehow a blade (or other medieval weapon) is morally superior, more honorable, or more elegant than a modern firearm. Mr. Morgan is obviously one of these idiots. He "doesn't believe in killing", yet used a far more horrific weapon than a firearm (assuming you are able to get the upper hand in a fight with an antiquated weapon, he's lucky his attacker wasn't armed with a modern weapon). Maybe he wasn't paying attention to what these weapons do when used properly in the resulting bloodbath of any given Game of Thrones episode. By the way, if he is such a devout Christian that he is unwilling to take a life, how is it possible to also be a Game of Thrones fan. That's not exactly family entertainment. And the quote, "I want to make sure he understands that his life was mine to take" sounds like he's a bit of a sanctimonious douchebag living in his Game of Thrones fantasy world.

Glad the guy prevailed against his attacker, but he sounds incredibly foolish and incredibly lucky.
    Bingo.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

He could have used a mace.
    A mace would be good in such a case.
    A mace to the face.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Could have gone a lot worse for dude:

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    think raiders of the lost arc.
    I heard (don't know if it's true) that the guy who played "Indiana Jones" had the flu and felt terrible that day. He was supposed to do some elaborate fight scene with the sword guy but felt so sick he thought "fuck it" and just pulled out the pistol. The result was so much better than the original intent that they left it in the movie.

Or so I've heard.......

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I've heard as much as 7 yards
    If I see a blade from ANY distance, the gun is coming out. If it gets closer, the trigger will be pulled. Several times.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    ...the guy who played "Indiana Jones"...
    You really don't know who played Indiana Jones?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I heard (don't know if it's true) that the guy who played "Indiana Jones" had the flu and felt terrible that day. He was supposed to do some elaborate fight scene with the sword guy but felt so sick he thought "fuck it" and just pulled out the pistol. The result was so much better than the original intent that they left it in the movie.

Or so I've heard.......
    I've heard the same thing. If you look closely at Harrison Ford in that scene, you'll see him sweating profusely (unusual in hot, arid climates). It appears he's definitely not feeling well.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You really don't know who played Indiana Jones?

Nope. Don't watch TV, nor do I go to movies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast