Thread: Michelle Obama: "We visited [Obama's] home country in Kenya"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Michelle Obama: "We visited [Obama's] home country in Kenya"

Right from the horse's mouth.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I hear folks of Irish decent refer to the "old country" or other words to that effect even though they were born here. Same for Italians, Germans, etc. I just can't see anything to get excited about?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I've never heard any of them refer to that as their home country though.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Birtherism is so 2008.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    I've never heard any of them refer to that as their home country though.
    Neither have I but it pretty much the same thing if not the exact words of course Obama didn't say it, his wife did. Like I said, I just can't get excited about it but that's not to say others can't.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Neither have I but it pretty much the same thing if not the exact words of course Obama didn't say it, his wife did. Like I said, I just can't get excited about it but that's not to say others can't.
    I just hadn't seen it before.

If it isn't evidence of his having been born elsewhere, at the very least it shows that his loyalty belongs to something besides the United States.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

If it isn't evidence of his having been born elsewhere, at the very least it shows that his loyalty belongs to something besides the United States.
    How do you figure that? His wife said it not him. If Obama said it then it might give that indication but he didn't. That being said I do realize belief is important even if the facts are lacking.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    How do you figure that? His wife said it not him. If Obama said it then it might give that indication but he didn't. That being said I do realize belief is important even if the facts are lacking.
    I just figured his wife would know what he considered to be his home country.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

sorry Funky I am not trying to be snide, but I have known since 06 his loyalties lie somewhere else. he is muslim and by being so he can lie to infidels.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..