Thread: Broken clock is right twice a day

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Broken clock is right twice a day

I'm not a huge fan of Bill Maher, but he's sure as shit onto something here.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

He's right a lot more often than twice a day.

His views on gun control are unfortunate, but I can't help often times wonder if he only takes that anti-gun position as a role to satiate his (mostly-urban) audience, as he's pretty libertarian-leaning on most of his other views.

As someone pointed out in that other Islam thread, he took Michael Moore to task on using B.S. statistics to bolster his gun control views. So maybe it's all an act.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

boring and bullshit. irs, nsa, ben ghazi, fast and furious,, choke point, done buy the conservatives? yup.

oh by the way to you government monitors, I plead the 5th and 4th amendments.

that is if you can find a copy of the Constitution somewhere and if you can't I will lend you mine.
    Last edited by l921428x; 09-25-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Strange as it may be, but he occasionally hits home runs.