Thread: Buy one AAC pistol can, get one FREE !!!!

Exclamation Buy one AAC pistol can, get one FREE !!!!

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

since I do not know a lot (about a lot of things) about suppressors, what does a 35-38 db decrease do. I know it makes it quieter...
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    since I do not know a lot (about a lot of things) about suppressors, what does a 35-38 db decrease do. I know it makes it quieter...
    Well to be perfectly honest.....

The host gun, the caliber, the temperature, the humidity, the elevation...ETC, ETC....all affect suppression...
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

They are telling you how much sound is reduced by using the suppressor on the weapon, usually when using subsonic ammo.

so what if you do not use subsonic ammo? I mean most people would not notice the report
    of subsonic ammo or at least would not know what it was. I think, don't know.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The average firearm when shot produces noise in the 140 db range (depending on caliber, a .22 LR is less while a .50 BMG is substantially more), which will cause instant hearing damage. By reducing the level by about 36 db gets you to 100 db. At 100 db hearing damage will result if you are exposed to it for a few minutes or repeatadly. For hearing health you need to get down less than about 80 db. While the supressor does not get you down to the 80 db range, it does get you down to where you will not cause damage with every shot.

Is this more what you are looking for?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Keep in mind the decibel scale is logarithmic. Every 10 db is a reduction in noise by 10x. While still loud, the 30-something db reduction in the noise of a gunshot is a huge difference. This is why suppressor geeks will quibble over 1-2 decibels difference in a can's specs. This is why a budget can will have specs within a few db of a top-of-the-line can.
    Last edited by nfa1934; 09-28-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.