Thread: DHS Secretary Says He'll Do 'Background Checks' to Ensure Amnestied Illegals Won't Commit Terrorism

DHS Secretary Says He'll Do 'Background Checks' to Ensure Amnestied Illegals Won't Commit Terrorism

(CNSNews.com) – Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said at a House Homeland Security Committee hearing on Wednesday that granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in the United States could encourage terrorists among them to come out of the shadows.

“From my homeland security perspective, I want people who are living in this country undocumented to come forward, to get on the books, and subject themselves to a background check so that I can know who they are and whether it’s the current DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program or a path to citizenship – whether it’s deferred action or earned path to citizenship. From my homeland security perspective, I want people to come forward,” Johnson said.

To which Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.) replied with air of disbelief: “Do we honestly believe that any would-be terrorist or criminal or drug dealer is going to come forward to have a criminal background check done on them? They’re going to continue to remain underground.

“Nobody with a criminal record is going to come forward,” Barletta said.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...-illegals-wont

Absolutely amazing.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

This is proof that Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson is totally living in La-La land. He has no clue how the real world works.

Wow.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    This guy is living proof that DHS needs to be disbanded. Just like gun turn ins, living in that same fantasy world they actually expect criminals to turn in their firearms.

He needs to be quickly unemployed.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Last I heard, the term was "manos arriba...Federalie" not here boy...here boy...
    This dude is the ozone!
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan Morris; 09-25-2014 at 07:25 PM.

where do I apply for his job? I could use 9.00$ an hour.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

70 Percent of Illegals Released by ICE Don’t Appear for Follow-up Appointments

By Mark Krikorian September 25, 2014 4:49 PM

Immigration and Customs Enforcement released thousands of illegal-alien families from this summer’s border surge – the large majority of those who were apprehended – with instructions to report to the particular ICE office at their final destination. DHS has repeatedly refused to say how many of them actually show up as directed.

Well, the AP secured a recording of “a confidential meeting at its [ICE's] Washington headquarters with immigration advocates” where ICE acknowledged that 70 percent of those released “never showed up weeks later for follow-up appointments.”
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner#!

First, this is infomration that is being hidden from us. Second, why would we think they would show up to any appointment? Law keeping is not their forte.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

U.S. immigration has reached record high
    According to CIS, the census data show that more than 13 percent of the population is now made up of immigrants, the highest percentage in 93 years.
    The data also showed that Mexicans are the largest immigrant population, with 11.6 million living in America both legally and illegally. The number of Mexican immigrants, however, has declined by more than 126,000, or 1 percent.
    Immigrants from South Asia, East Asia, the Caribbean, the Middle East and sub-Sahara Africa showed the largest increases from 2010 to 2013.
    India, for example, is the home country of 254,000 immigrants who came to the United States, a 14 percent increase. Immigrants from China increased by 217,000 or 10 percent. Guatemalan immigrants increased by 71,000 or 9 percent.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/u.s.-i...ticle/2553927#!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Question for the 3 democrats that want wide open borders and Amnesty for criminals.... How pray tell are they going to do background checks on people who might not even be who they say they are from thrid world nations that don't have records like our gov't does on it's citizens???