Thread: 10mm fans...start saving your pennies ;)

Cool 10mm fans...start saving your pennies ;)

SIG (FINALLY!!!) is coming out with a couple different models of the P220 chambered in the mighty 10!!!!!

OUTFUCKINSTANDING!!!

I for one is as giddy as school girl!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Dammit....
    "you don't need another 10mm dave, you already have enough"
    "but it's a sig"
    " if you buy another 10mm, i get a new couch"....

" what color couch would you like dear"

Didn't Grayguns offer a 10mm P220?
    -they did.
    Last edited by vit; 09-26-2014 at 09:53 PM.

I guess you like the 10mm cartridge. why? 9mm, .40, .45
    pretty cover it all.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I guess you like the 10mm cartridge. why? 9mm, .40, .45
    pretty cover it all.
    9mm is good
    .40 is pointless
    .45 is outdated

The Mighty 10 is like Thor's Hammer

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    Didn't Grayguns offer a 10mm P220?
    -they did.
    Yes, but they quit doing it a couple of years ago.

Some guys even tried offering twice the amount for the conversion, and Bruce still said no.

One jokingly, offered to sweeten the deal with strippers and blow...he replied, "at my age!...what, are you trying to kill me"

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Dammit....
    "you don't need another 10mm dave, you already have enough"
    "but it's a sig"
    " if you buy another 10mm, i get a new couch"....

" what color couch would you like dear"

OMG!!

This is EPIC!

I just agreed to the wifey, we will buy a new couch next month...

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Never been a fan of the Sig though to be honest the only experience I have is with an early model 226, (just didn't like the way it felt in the hand). I'm a die hard 10mm fan so perhaps this will garner Sig a second look.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Never been a fan of the Sig though to be honest the only experience I have is with an early model 226, (just didn't like the way it felt in the hand). I'm a die hard 10mm fan so perhaps this will garner Sig a second look.

I am a weirdo (so I have been told) I don't like SOME early SIG's as well.

SIG is gonna offer 3 variants initially.

All SS standard P220 (4.4" barrel)

All SS Elite (5" barrel)

All SS Elite (5" barrel) SAO

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

I'm definitely interested! I love my early '90s P220. Actually bought it on a whim. I was wanting a P220 when I visited a shop in Nashville, but was trying to justify the expense. As I entered, I thought "I'll buy one if they have a factory nickel two-tone" considering that these were difficult to find at the time. That's exactly what they had in the case, so I walked out with a new P220.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Very cool!

Much more interested in a factory pistol than an after-market conversion.

Always wanted a P220 but never enough to actually get one, but a factory 10mm that does get my attention.

Also great news for the caliber!

Yet another major arms-maker including an offering of one of their signature guns in the mighty 10.

My first pistol was a P229 but I haven't been a sig fan since their QC started dropping a little over a decade ago.

I've been wanting a 10mm for awhile and have been hoping for S&W to offer and M&P on the caliber.

However, if you look at the ballistic data the 10mm dosn't really do anything more than what a modern 45 load already does. Except give you a slightly better mag capacity. The biggest thing crippling the 10mm is the lack of bullet options. With 40sw as the dominant round in that caliber all the bullets are designed around that round. Thus no one offers a good heavy bonded JHP bullet that can take advantage of the extra oomph offered by the big 10. Ballistics data shows that the extra velocity imparted on the lighter bullets in the 10mm are wasted, offering only nominal terminal improvement.

Still, I hope to eventually get a 10mm, just because they're cool and I want one. For now I'm still leaning towards the glock 20.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin View Post
    My first pistol was a P229 but I haven't been a sig fan since their QC started dropping a little over a decade ago.

I've been wanting a 10mm for awhile and have been hoping for S&W to offer and M&P on the caliber.

However, if you look at the ballistic data the 10mm dosn't really do anything more than what a modern 45 load already does. Except give you a slightly better mag capacity. The biggest thing crippling the 10mm is the lack of bullet options. With 40sw as the dominant round in that caliber all the bullets are designed around that round. Thus no one offers a good heavy bonded JHP bullet that can take advantage of the extra oomph offered by the big 10. Ballistics data shows that the extra velocity imparted on the lighter bullets in the 10mm are wasted, offering only nominal terminal improvement.

Still, I hope to eventually get a 10mm, just because they're cool and I want one. For now I'm still leaning towards the glock 20.

You need to check out DoubleTap ammo, Mike McNett is THE 10mm master. I shoot his 180 grain Hornady XTP out of my G20, he has quite a variety of bullet options in his 10mm ammo. .45 acp doesn't even come close to some of his offerings

http://www.doubletapammo.net/index.p...product_id=105
    Last edited by davepool; 10-07-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin View Post

Oh and which ballistic data would that be and what criteria were they using to determine terminal effectiveness?

To each his own but I like the idea of pushing a 135gr bullet up to 1600fps or a 155gr up close to 1500.

And several bullets like the Noslers and Hornady XTPs have shown to hold up quite well to the higher velocities in gel testing.

Yeah you can get a caliber that'll probably work just fine at what it does, fast and light 9mm's, big and slow .45s or compromise with a .40.......or do it all with a 10mm.