Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebola hits Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Purell Hand Sanitizer: PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer is so hard on germs, but gentle on hands that it makes other hand sanitizers obsolete. It’s scientifically formulated to kill the most germs.* Just 1 squirt of PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer kills as many germs as two squirts of any other national brand.
    1. Testing is done on an inanimate surface, not human hands.

2. Purell, if I recall correctly is 70% alcohol, to begin to kill viruses requires 30 seconds of contact with a 90% alcohol solution. All of the hand sanitizers dry far to quickly to kill viruses.

3. Regular soap and water will kill 95% of germs that hand sanitizer will kill (under those same hard surface tests. Without the risk of compromising your immune system.

4. Hand sanitizer can actually cause more bacteria to enter your system, it works by stripping off the surface oil from skin, the alchol in it can irritate skin, leading to increased hand rubbing or scratching giving better access for bacteria to enter.

Lastly, Ebola is not like "the flu", you cannot catch if from a sneeze someone left in the air 5 minutes ago, or from a handrail they touched on a stairway, you need to come into direct contact with blood, semen, breast milk, pus, urine, feces, mucus.

It really doesn't spread all that easily, you pretty much have to come in direct contact with an infected person, their blood, used medical supplies, bedsheets, etc.

Personally I'm with Richard on this one, but will up it to "It's WAY to early to talk about any kind of "outbreak" in the US"

they were using bleach on the special I was watching the other night on discovery. The doctors in africa were hosing everything including each other down with a diluted bleach solution.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Just looking at the news and how many people are coming down with this virus, it seems odd that so many people would be.coming in contact with blood , fecal matter or semen.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Just looking at the news and how many people are coming down with this virus, it seems odd that so many people would be.coming in contact with blood , fecal matter or semen.
    Not really, so far it's a bit over 6,000 suspected cases. And they are actually spread out over a large area.

Consider, Lagos Nigeria...a city with over 5 million people, yet all of Nigeria (population 173 million) only had about 20 cases, and Nigeria is now declared to be Ebola free by the CDC.

It's only a tiny fraction of the population becoming infected.

Let me put it another way, in 1918 the flu killed more people in 24 weeks than Aids has killed in 24 years. That pandemic spread around the globe in 1918 in a matter of a few months, infecting over 500 million people. Travel was much harder back then. If this was spreading at anything near "flu-like" rates it would have been here months ago and spread across the country, infecting at least 10% of the population, in a week or two.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Wish we still had old posts available. This reminds me of the swine flu "epidemic" 4-5 years ago. We had members screaming for more vaccines, saying it was all a government plan to suspend elections, that vaccines were being limited on purpose, etc. None of which proved true. Nothing wrong with taking precautions or planning ahead but do every thing that happens have to be a conspiracy or the deadliest event in history?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

why were the other ebola victims brought here? to normalize a situation like this?
    nothing to see here move along. now we have beheadings, tb and ebola.
    fundamental change.....
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    why were the other ebola victims brought here? to normalize a situation like this?
    nothing to see here move along. now we have beheadings, tb and ebola.
    fundamental change.....
    Perhaps because they were Americans. Would you prefer they had been left in Africa to die?

If we're going to panic what about the disease in Colorado that is paralyzing children?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...nterovirus-68/

Let's not forget flu season which is getting ready to ramp up. Probably a couple of bad storms some place we should be worried about too. In for a penny in for a pound as they say.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

don't be so flippant Richard.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/09/30/t...ll-to-my-show/.

do you get a flu shot?

don't forget the tb outbreak and Colorado just had a storm.

a question, I have never understood the phrase in for a penny in for a pound.
    sounds like that poker game where they stand up and say they are all in.
    tell me what that means.
    Last edited by l921428x; 10-01-2014 at 09:03 AM.

be the heat..

don't be so flippant Richard.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/09/30/t...ll-to-my-show/.

do you get a flu shot?

don't forget the tb outbreak and Colorado just had a storm.

a question, I have never understood the phrase in for a penny in for a pound.
    sounds like that poker game where they stand up and say they are all in.
    tell me what that means.
    Flippant? Maybe so but why the panic? No I don't get a flu shot. In of a penny in for a pound means if you're going in then why not go all in.

I can't count how many "the sky is falling" threads we've seen over the years and even though they never come to fruition we still get another spat of them each and every year. Just saying.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I am not saying the sky is falling. it can't. why was more attention paid to the first case that came to Atlanta, in a suit than one found in the wild.
    I don't panic, the time for panic is after the problem. when you realize what happened.

be the heat..

I am not saying the sky is falling. it can't. why was more attention paid to the first case that came to Atlanta, in a suit than one found in the wild.
    I don't panic, the time for panic is after the problem. when you realize what happened.
    Well let's see. The first cases were Americans that were successfully treated with a still experimental drug. They were also the first people to have the disease on American soil. As far as more attention well if you look at Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. They all have front page stories about the guy in TX. The CDC had a press conference yesterday. We're talking about it right now and the same is going on in the GD section of the other forums I visit. Who exactly isn't paying it any attention?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I'm just now reading a second case has been suspected in Dallas.

WooHoo!
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

How The CDC Will Make Sure Ebola Doesn't Spread in United States
    “I have no doubt that we will control this case of Ebola so that it does not spread widely in this country,” said Freiden, who confirmed a CDC team was also en route to help track anyone connected to the infected patient.
    https://gma.yahoo.com/cdc-sure-ebola...ws-health.html

I have no doubt cdc will ensure ebola spreads across the US.

First Ebola Case in US, But CDC Vows 'We Will Stop It Here'
    The first Ebola case has been diagnosed in the United States, but a top health official said today there is "no doubt... we will stop it here."
    https://gma.yahoo.com/first-ebola-ca...opstories.html

Right.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Who else did he infect? At least 12 people including five children came in contact with Ebola victim who was loose in Dallas for a WEEK before he sought help

A male patient who traveled to Dallas, Texas from Liberia is in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital

He is first person diagnosed with Ebola in U.S. as CDC 'disease detectives' arrived in Texas today to track down anyone he came in contact with
    Patient arrived in U.S. on September 20 but did not develop symptoms until September 24

He attended Texas Health Presbyterian on September 26 - but was dismissed with antibiotics
    He was rushed to hospital two days later by ambulance and put in isolation

Frieden said there was no risk to anyone on the airplane because the patient had no symptoms at the time

However fears after he was mixing freely for four days while showing symptoms - when Ebola is contagious via bodily fluids
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3EuGVH3Dj

How was this not planned in advance? Ebola vaccine magically ready for human trials in weeks, not years
    http://www.naturalnews.com/047086_eb...#ixzz3EuHQT8Ap

CDC Refuses to Directly Answer If Ebola Patient a US Citizen
    Tuesday during the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention press conference, which confirmed the first case of Ebola in the United States, CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden refused to directly answer if the man who traveled from Liberia to Texas earlier this month was a citizen of the Untied States.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...t-a-US-Citizen
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 10-01-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

They've been working on Ebola for what, a decade or more. So they decided to skip some or all of the trials and go directly to trying it out. Not a stretch really and sure not a conspiracy. Now, if they had the vaccine and didn't tell and brought it over here that would be a conspiracy.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

It seems that ebola can be spread through coughing and sneezing within five feet. Check out this sitehttp://www.ebolaready.com/

Just looking at the CDC stats. Liberia is the hardest hit of the African countries in the worst Ebola outbreak in history with 1,830 dead. Given the total population of 4,000,000 that equates to .0004575% or 4.5/1000ths of 1% of the population dead six months after the outbreak in Africa started. Seems like a pretty small loss of life when you consider Liberia is not exactly a bastion of modern civilization compared to the United States. Now if you are of the belief that is all an intentional act by the current administration, the Illuminati, those lizard people at the center of the earth, etc. then I can see where you would dismiss these facts and continue to circle the wagons however, for the rest of us it might just be, at least a little food for thought. Just saying.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

so your ok if you are that 4.5/1000th of 1% that die? ok cool. better you and yours.....

be the heat..

so your ok if you are that 4.5/1000th of 1% that die? ok cool. better you and yours.....
    My post has nothing to do with being "OK" with any death. Just trying to bring a little logic/perspective into the equation. All the arm fluttering out in the barnyard is stirring up dust.

Almost 4x as many Americans die every day from all causes as have died from Ebola in Liberia in six months. If your worried about Ebola you should have already been worried just getting out of bed every day.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

maybe I am. I am just saying you/we are being inoculated against the next thing .gov does.
    fast and furious went away
    nsa went away
    ben ghazi went away
    irs went away
    open borders are going away
    nothing large about that thing in the Midwest EVD68. right now just heard there has been a death in RI.
    economy went away
    fort hood went away
    tb will go away even though no one is talking about it
    illegals not being screened for problems will go away
    la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la
    Last edited by l921428x; 10-01-2014 at 02:12 PM.

be the heat..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast