Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ebola hits Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Any updates on the folks who are being monitored since the guy was admitted to the hospital? Not seeing anything on the major media outlets. Seems like it's been long enough for those potentially exposed to start presenting with symptoms if they caught it.
    Dallas nurse who treated Duncan now has Obola...

http://conservativeread.com/dallas-h...us-within-u-s/

Dallas nurse's boyfriend may also have it...

http://gotnews.com/ebola-nurse-boyfr...bola-symptoms/

Perhaps you'd like to deflect some more Richard? Your handlers are watching...be sure to make them proud!!!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

No idea what you're talking about Oswald. You are correct. A nurse has it and her boyfriend is being watched. Still nothing on the 100 or so folks the guy who died came into contact with. One nurse out of 70 or so that treated him. How is that deflecting? If you don't like what I have to say so be it but no personal attacks on myself or any other member.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

http://funeralplan.com/askexperts/bloodembalming.html

Mixed with the embalming fluid to disinfect, sometimes additional disinfectants are added then into the sewer treatment plant. Drinking water doesn't normally come from treated sewage though the two do combine at some point in the aquafir though the sewer water really isn't sewage by then.

The strain of Ebola involved in this latest outbreak, Ebola - Zaire was first diagnosed in 1976 while it may be a mutated strain it's not a new one. Most of them seem to have originated from different parts of Africa so they are different strains. Some are not harmful to humans and some have only occurred once or twice infected 10 or fewer with varying mortality rates
    Is this really how it is done or are you just guessing? In light of Kadmo's post sounds like guessing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Is this really how it is done or are you just guessing? In light of Kadmo's post sounds like guessing to me.
    My post is from info provided on the CDC website.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

we should totaly trust the cdc.
    I mean, they have really good ideas, like not blocking people from infected countries from coming here and stuff.
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 10-14-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

My post is from info provided on the CDC website.
    That's odd as I heard a report that the CDC said no embalming, incinerate the corpse and no it wasn't Kad's post. This was on the local (Atlanta) talk radio channel 95.5 FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That's odd as I heard a report that the CDC said no embalming, incinerate the corpse and no it wasn't Kad's post. This was on the local (Atlanta) talk radio channel 95.5 FM.
    I think you're confused about my post. I was replying to your post #47 where you said you thought that mortuaries just dumped blood from embalmed bodies down the drain. I posted what the CDC said your supposed to do with blood at a mortuary. I wasn't talking about blood for an Ebola death since as you noted they are not embalmed
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Third Dallas hospital worker with 0bola like symptoms...this one on a cruis ship with 4,633 other people.

Drive by media is saying the worker is fine and not suffering symptoms, however Belize, who along with Mexico, refused port stops from the ship, says different.

http://belizean.com/belize-confirms-...ts-coast-1814/

Seems Mexico and Belize care more about their citizens than Ebama does his...

This guy makes some excellent points about what's likely going on here:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...as/#more-90691

Particularly this:

Both Carnival Cruise Lines and the U.S. government have a vested interest in dissuading any fear of the Ebola risk carried on this ship. You can obviously -and easily- work out the myriad of consequences, were it evidenced a captive audience of 4,633 people held an exposure risk.

The “contact tracing” for passengers flowing from the Cruise Liner, and disbursing all over the country, is, well, an almost impossible task for isolation and/or quarantine. The only reasonable option would be to quarantine the entire vessel for 21 days “in place”. Can you just imagine the media frenzy if such a situation were proposed/initiated?

….And that’s why this situation must be downplayed at all costs.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 10-17-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345