Thread: Hell of a deal if you ask me!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Hell of a deal if you ask me!

Even if the night sites don't glow any more as long as it's actually VG+ this is the best price I've seen on a used Glock.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/glock...ht-sights.html

Make a great truck gun if nothing else especially if you're local and can avoid the transfer fee.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yep, that price is low enough it almost makes me want a .40 S&W chambered handgun.

You know, I have several thousand rounds of .40. And only one gun to use it in. G23. I might have to get one of these! Thanks for the heads up!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I agree with Shuetz, this almost makes me want to add another caliber to my collection.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

While I'm not a Glock fan, at that price......I think I'd give it a try!
    Dan

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    G22's are probably the least desirable model. I've been trying to get rid of an ex-cop gun for $350 for months and can't sell it. Now I'm thinking of just getting a 9mm barrel for it.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    G22's are probably the least desirable model. I've been trying to get rid of an ex-cop gun for $350 for months and can't sell it. Now I'm thinking of just getting a 9mm barrel for it.
    No interest in .357 SIG?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    No interest in .357 SIG?
    No. My philosophy has always been bullet weight over velocity. Combine that with the high price of ammunition and the various issues with the cartridge when it comes to reloading and it is a no-go for me.

Now I'm thinking of just getting a 9mm barrel for it.
    That's what you need to do. The 9mm usually dries up quickly in a panic. That would give you the option of running 9 or 40 and, for some reason, .40 cal. usually has better availability during runs on ammo.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

No. My philosophy has always been bullet weight over velocity. Combine that with the high price of ammunition and the various issues with the cartridge when it comes to reloading and it is a no-go for me.
    I understand. High velocity cartridges give me hard on, so I might would try it out if I had lots of spare cash, which I never will.

125 gr .357 mag is one of my favorite cartidges, so the .357 sig has always been sort of attractive to me.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I'm local, but I don't need another Glock right now and don't have a lot of interest in .40. I do think I'll look and see what else they have though, prices look good.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".