Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead this Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    The way he was acting I think he was bit when the walker pulled him under the water. That's why he went outside to commit suicide. Those folks are eatin spoiled meat.
    My thoughts as well. I really thought it was going to end with him eating a bullet.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    My thoughts as well. I really thought it was going to end with him eating a bullet.
    I was really surprised the show didn't go full retard and have the bad guys feed him a piece of his own leg.

That scene was so damn cheesy last night.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I thought he was bit too.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Fast forward to 1:28

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

The way he was acting I think he was bit when the walker pulled him under the water. That's why he went outside to commit suicide. Those folks are eatin spoiled meat.
    Just before he got clocked on the head I was thinking that same thing. Why otherwise with Sasha all hot for him would he wander outside and start crying? The only other option is he's over come with tears of Joy? Didn't look like tears of Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Just before he got clocked on the head I was thinking that same thing. Why otherwise with Sasha all hot for him would he wander outside and start crying? The only other option is he's over come with tears of Joy? Didn't look like tears of Joy.
    They played up the whole thing with Bob to make us think he was bit by the water zombies. They didn't do that for nothing.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Excellent episode. I was right about Bob being spoiled meat. I'm guessing for next week Darryl brought back Beth, they spend the episode or two telling what she went through and how Carol and Darryl rescued her. Carol either dies or goes off on her own again after Beth is rescued.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

ricks such a nice guy
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    ricks such a nice guy
    He keeps his promises! Red handles rule.

Spoiler Alert!

My prediction: Seeing Carol on the gurney at the end of the episode is the beginning of Beth's rescue. They've done recon and figured out how to get someone on the inside and that's Carol.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

For once, I'm as caught up as y'all (usually can't get episodes here as soon as they air in the US).

The "we've got to leave NOW to get Eugene to Washington" thing was frustrating. They are seeing results now that they have some numbers, some strength. So of course they need to end that and split up "the group" which seems to be the primary plot driver of this entire show: "We have to find x and y!"

Anyway, good to see that Rick seems back in the game now. Glad he kept his promise. So, did we learn that heat kills the zombie virus? Or, "tainted" human meat is ok to eat as long as the infected person hasn't died? We know they all have the virus, and the Terminus people were living on human meat, so I guess it's ok to eat. Not that I advocate it, but just to better understand the parameters the show is working with.

Standard grumble: Everyone has an FA weapon, and uses it on FA all the time. In reality, 99% of their weapons would be semi-auto. How many fullauto AK's are in the US, compared to SA ones? 30:1? 50:1?

Compliments: In the 2nd episode of this season, Glen was using a Mosin Nagant M44 carbine, bayonet extended! A spike bayonet like that would be very useful for zombie brain destroying, much better than the short-handled hammers and stuff they often use now. The 5 round mag and clumsy bolt action would be the downside, though, if you needed to start shooting a big crowd of them fast at close range.

Another prediction. The black kid that got out is met up with by Daral. That's the intel source.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Another prediction. The black kid that got out is met up with by Daral. That's the intel source.
    Yes, IMO he is the "Come on out" person that Daryl is talking to. I was happy to see Gorman munched by Joan.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Not liking this whole hospital thing at all. We know Darryl and Carol were only gone for the group for what, 48 hours? I'm changing my prediction. My guess is Darryl couldn't get Beth and Carol out of the hospital, not sure if either will be killed off but I'm thinking he had to leave them there and ran into Morgan on the way back to the group. As far as Carol being a plant to get inside the hospital that sounds likely.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Not liking this whole hospital thing at all. We know Darryl and Carol were only gone for the group for what, 48 hours? I'm changing my prediction. My guess is Darryl couldn't get Beth and Carol out of the hospital, not sure if either will be killed off but I'm thinking he had to leave them there and ran into Morgan on the way back to the group. As far as Carol being a plant to get inside the hospital that sounds likely.
    I have a feeling we won't be seeing Morgan for a while yet. When he was shown next to the "no sanctuary at Terminus" sign at the end of the other episode, it was overgrown with vegetation, while it was clear of vegetation when Rick wrote "NO" on it. Could be an oopsie on AMC's part, though, as a result of one scene being filmed in early spring and the Morgan scene being filmed in the summer.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Beth was taken by the hospital people in the hearse long ago. So, a lot of her story shown on the recent episode is happening parallel to other events with the rest of the group. Only at the very end when she escapes are we more or less caught up to where Darryl and Carol followed the hearse back to the hospital and Carol was seen being brought in.

If Carol was a plant to get inside, the intel would have had to come from Joan, the woman whose hand they cut off after she was bitten when she tried to escape. She could perhaps have met Darryl and Carol briefly while she was outside? Noah only escaped at the same time that Carol was brought in.

Looks like they kidnap weak people they can dominate and control in the hospital.

They must think they hit the jackpot when they found meek little Carol.

Carol is quickly becoming my favorite character on the show. Do you think she will tell Officer Dawn to "Look at the Flowers"?
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

kinda.. meh ....
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I'm trying to get straight with the time frame on this episode.

It seems to me that not much time elapsed during this episode so Carol was still on her own when she is brought in. Which means that when she is reunited with the group that she would have already made contact with Beth..... yet never said a word to anyone about her.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    I'm trying to get straight with the time frame on this episode.

It seems to me that not much time elapsed during this episode so Carol was still on her own when she is brought in. Which means that when she is reunited with the group that she would have already made contact with Beth..... yet never said a word to anyone about her.
    No way is that what they are trying to suggest.

By the end of the episode, the time line of both groups are caught up. Daryl has a new mystery partner at the church, and Carol and Beth are at the hospital.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast