Thread: 922r

922r

Some of you more experienced may know or have seen this. It's mainly for other newbies like me who were concerned about buying a used rifle with unknown 922r compliance. Point 3 is the is the main one.
    http://www.neighsayersforum.com/atfl...922replyp1.jpg
    http://www.neighsayersforum.com/atfl...922replyp2.jpg

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Without reading the links, since you are talking about buying a used rifle and not knowing the parts count, the rule reads that you cannot assemble (build). Not you cannot buy, so if you buy a rifle that is not compliant, you are in the clear. Only if you then decide to change something do you have to worry about the parts count, which is by far the stupidest rule ever written after the Indiana law requiring someone with a lantern at night to assist a horseless carriage through an intersection.

If you are NOT an importer or a manufacturer (as in, you build small arms for profit...I wouldn't worry).

This has been debated/discussed ad hoc....over the last 2 decades on here.

There is a reason why the BATFEY have never successfully prosecuted a single case over this (when it comes to individuals)
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Without reading the links, since you are talking about buying a used rifle and not knowing the parts count, the rule reads that you cannot assemble (build). Not you cannot buy, so if you buy a rifle that is not compliant, you are in the clear. Only if you then decide to change something do you have to worry about the parts count, which is by far the stupidest rule ever written after the Indiana law requiring someone with a lantern at night to assist a horseless carriage through an intersection.
    You,my friend, are a walking encyclopedia. The link relates,as EXACTLY what you stated, to a letter from the batf to an esteemed member on the fal forum. Just to feel better I made a copy and have in my mak90 rifle case. Just in case.LOL. Actually the lantern law makes more sense. LOL