Thread: New Toy.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

How about soft Kevlar for body armor?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=kevl...x-a&channel=sb
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post

If you get hit in a chemlight, does it glow?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

If the bullet hit the glass ampule inside the glow stick, YES it would be a glowing splatter all over everything..
    I have a friend in the ARMY and he told me that the glow sticks he carries were for room clearing. You clear a room and leave a glow stick behind so the other guys know that room has already been cleared.

As to Kevlar. It goes bad over time with sweat and UV rays breaking it down.

BISHOP

A glowstick with a couple feet of paracord can also be tossed a fair distance to mark a target. I'm not military, but military people seem to find lots of uses for em.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

-Shellback Tactical Banshee plate carrier (Ranger Green)
    -Warrior Assault Systems Elite Ops Double M4 Pouch (ATACS FG)
    -Warrior Assault Systems Elite Ops Triple M4 Pouch (ATACS FG)
    -Warrior Assault Systems Elite Ops Hydration System Gen1 (ATACS FG)
    -Condor Tactical Double pistol magazine Pouch (ATACS FG)
    -Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop RAT 5 OD GREEN KYDEX SHEATH (attached via 550 para cord and Tactical Tailor Malice Clips to Molle webbing)
    -Ontario Knife Company RAT 5
    -Source WXP Hydration System 2L
    -AR500 Armor Curved Class III 10"x12" rifle plates w/ anti-spall coating ASC (Front and Back)
    Last edited by AK-J; 10-14-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Whoa, specific.
    Do you use yours currently or did you in the past?

For those who are looking for something I ran across these guys online today.
    http://shop.tacticalshit.com/tactica...welcoming-kits

BISHOP

Whoa, specific.
    Do you use yours currently or did you in the past?

For those who are looking for something I ran across these guys online today.
    http://shop.tacticalshit.com/tactica...welcoming-kits

BISHOP
    Current setup. I like the minimalist design of the Banshee. I've changed over from Ranger green pouches to ATACS FG to match my camo of choice. I plan to use SOE Medical Insert Tray in the furthest right (my right) mag pouch for my blow-out kit, and add two more pouches of the remaining cummerbund to add a little more utility and camo.

Weight isn't too bad, but I've been conditioning myself. Both getting into shape and getting used to the weight of the carrier. When it is adjusted correctly, it doesn't move around at all, and it isn't too uncomfortable wearing for long periods of time. Only hot.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Man do we need a gear section pronto!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

To keep this on the front page.

I'm really liking this patch. Never seen this one before.

http://shop.tacticalshit.com/go-fuck-yourself-pvc-patch

BISHOP

Very nice guys. I still haven't settled on what PC I am gonna get, but I did finally settle on a riggers belt and a battle belt (It only took me about 5 months to make up my mind LOL).

Due to my fuck up on ordering the wrong size battle belt, I would have a pic....but I am still waiting on it to arrive.

I have a question on patches..

I see guys that have patches that show their blood type. How does one find out what there blood type is?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I see guys that have patches that show their blood type. How does one find out what there blood type is?
    Easiest way is to ask your doctor. A better way is to go donate blood and let them know that you want to know. There are also test kits for DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Easiest way is to ask your doctor. A better way is to go donate blood and let them know that you want to know. There are also test kits for DIY.
    I already asked my doctor, over a year ago, and she just chuckled...why would I want to know that?

We have random blood drives at my shop through the Red Cross....I will ask 'em the next time they are around.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I already asked my doctor, over a year ago, and she just chuckled...why would I want to know that?
    Basically no hospital would do a transfusion on the patient's word of what their blood type is. It's simply too easy to just do a quick test and know for sure in a couple of seconds.

The main reason the military does it isn't to save time in an emergency for a transfusion of a wounded soldier, (by having the right kind on hand) but to gather volunteers quicker and easier to donate blood. The doctors can simply call out "we need type A", people can check their tags, or the nurse can check the computer. But still, most of the time everyone will get retested quickly to make sure there were no errors.

We have random blood drives at my shop through the Red Cross....I will ask 'em the next time they are around.
    Good plan!

Personally I think it's good info to know, and I suppose there is always the chance it could be useful in some sort of emergency situation where tests aren't available, particularly if you are type O, the universal donor. Knowing that could help you save someone else's life.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I'm O positive and used to give on a regular basis but haven't for about a year or so. IIRC I'm two pints away from my 2gal pin at the Red Cross. Need to start donating again.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

As to Kevlar. It goes bad over time with sweat and UV rays breaking it down.
    BISHOP
    For SHTF purposes, level 3 soft armor works great, escpecially with a level 3 plate

Most people will keep shit stored, until it is needed...
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 10-16-2014 at 06:00 PM.

I only said that because I had a Kevlar wallet and that was the warning on it as when folded gave you a wallet that could take a 38....

I am no expert (and don't want to sound like one either) but I will pass on what I have learned.

BISHOP

Update, tweaked my setup just slightly.

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

I have bought these two just last week.
    http://cdn1.shop.tacticalshit.com/me....1280.1280.jpg

And this one just because they are unique.
    http://shop.tacticalshit.com/catalog...caution+sniper

I still need to get that claymore patch and Then this couch commando will have all the patches he needs.

I need to fins a molle pouch with Velcro front like you have.

BISHOP

look for an "Admin pouch"

im behind, i still have a full interceptor set + every piece of molle gear made all hooked together.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast