Thread: Obama finding 'news ways to put my son's life in danger'

Obama finding 'news ways to put my son's life in danger'

“I am constantly amazed at the myriad ways this government finds to put my military son’s life in danger,” Judy Turner told WND.

She explained simply the president is “exposing all of those soldiers to a potentially fatal disease.”

“They are not medical units; they are not trained medically,” she said. “They are not social workers. My son has said before that he’s not a peacekeeper and he’s not a medical missionary. He says he doesn’t want to be. So, why are doing this? What is the purpose? Tell me!”

The highly contagious and often fatal Ebola virus has claimed more than 4,000 lives in West Africa. Defense officials say the soldiers will be given protective gear. But Turner has some knowledge of such specialized clothing, having worked at a nuclear power plant.

“It was a process that I had to go through, and it took at least two people to help me go through putting on the protective gear for radiation. I know what that kind of process entails, and he’s never been taught that. We had to put on protective gear to cover every inch of skin. We had to put on special booties and we had to know how to put on all of that gear,” she explained.

“Are they going to train him? How much training is he going to get, and how much training are the other soldiers going to get? Are they going to double and triple glove? Are they going to require oxygen gear? And if so, how long is their supply going to last?” Turner said.
    http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/obama-fin...tK7qQtCYIOp.99
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Aren't all members of the military trained in NBC warfare?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Lol you mean run around killing people and blowing stuff up in mopp gear?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I was trained to recognize, prepare and exit in case of a NBC/CBR attack. We are not trained to live in it or treat people that have been exposed to it. That is the job of the Corpsman.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

The PPE for radioactive contamination vs chem vs bio are all very different, and the methods of decontamination are also different as well. I could go on for pages as to the differences but she sounds like a non-rad worker who got to play with the scba's during her indoc safety training.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    They are trained on how to survive an NBC attack, not how to play doctor for ebola patients.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!