Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Gates is in Favor of Going after Your Guns

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    If trends continue, and the rich keep hogging more and more of the economic pie to themselves, forcing more and more people into poverty, I don't think partisan politics are really going to matter too much at that point.

Because that's when the guillotines come out. And the Koch Brothers are going to meet the same fate as the George Soros's of the world, unless they finally build Elysium or something.
    I am always amazed when libs ignorantly pontificate about zero sum game economics. Bill Gates may be a rich asshole, but I don't see how you think he got rich by taking money from others, i.e., "hogging the pie" as you say. If you want to improve your life, you will stop with the class envy and try to make something of yourself.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

This is why I'm not purchasing a new Xbox.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I am always amazed when libs ignorantly pontificate about zero sum game economics. Bill Gates may be a rich asshole, but I don't see how you think he got rich by taking money from others, i.e., "hogging the pie" as you say. If you want to improve your life, you will stop with the class envy and try to make something of yourself.
    Naw...lefty plans a glorious skientifik hogging at the government trough for himself...sucking as much taxpayer money as he can from producers. That's his equivalent of social justice.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I was only half jesting. I think a just as likely outcome is all those rich people lose all their paper wealth in a stock market crash that rivals 1929.

That would be true justice -- let them feel what its like to be poor and strugging paycheck to paycheck for a change.
    Most of these rich weren't rich all their lives and who gives a fuck, only people that are jealous and USELESS. GO MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

^this. I guess he should've given away the software for free instead of FORCING US AT GUNPOINT to buy his software!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Read the article twice and still can't figure out who they made this contribution to? Seems that it you know for a fact they made a contribution and know what it's for you'd know who it was made to? Maybe I missed it? Found an article that says they donated to a "campaign" but still doesn't say what campaign?

Found this

http://www.gunnews.com/bill-gates-do...n-gun-control/

Looks like the "campaign" is the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility

http://wagunresponsibility.org/
    They donated to the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility. Of the $7 million raised for this group, almost 50% ($3.4 million) has come from 6 people including the last mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg ($1 million). The other 5 people are Bill and Melinda Gates ($1 million), Paul Allen, Steve Ballmer and Nick Hanauer ($2.4 million).

Being from Washington I have done a good amount of research into this bill. It is classic liberal bait and switch. The initiative is called “Washington Universal Background Checks for Gun Purchases,” Initiative 594. What it actually does is change the definition of "transfer" as relates to firearms to make owning a firearm so hard as to turn law abiding citizens into felons who can then be "legally" disarmed for violating gun laws. I am working hard to make sure as many of my Washington friends as possible know about this and defeat it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    They donated to the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility. Of the $7 million raised for this group, almost 50% ($3.4 million) has come from 6 people including the last mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg ($1 million). The other 5 people are Bill and Melinda Gates ($1 million), Paul Allen, Steve Ballmer and Nick Hanauer ($2.4 million).

Being from Washington I have done a good amount of research into this bill. It is classic liberal bait and switch. The initiative is called “Washington Universal Background Checks for Gun Purchases,” Initiative 594. What it actually does is change the definition of "transfer" as relates to firearms to make owning a firearm so hard as to turn law abiding citizens into felons who can then be "legally" disarmed for violating gun laws. I am working hard to make sure as many of my Washington friends as possible know about this and defeat it.
    Thank you for your hard and diligent work.

However, there will come a time when gun owners just get fed up with all the infringement bullshit and say, "no more." Incremental steps will cause a line to be drawn and when that line is passed, then, the powers-that-be will be forced to physically enforce their illegal laws and the shit will hit the fan.

"Molon labe" will become more than a catchy little phrase.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I am always amazed when libs ignorantly pontificate about zero sum game economics.
    No, I'm not talking about zero-sum economics. I'm talking about the reality today, where you have 95% of all new wealth generated in this country going straight into the hands of the top 1%, while the 99% divvy up and fight over the remaining scraps.

http://eml.berkeley.edu/~saez/saez-U...comes-2012.pdf

The middle class is treading water if not losing ground (due to inflation), while the fat cats laugh all the way to the bank.

Bill Gates may be a rich asshole, but I don't see how you think he got rich by taking money from others, i.e., "hogging the pie" as you say.
    Motherfucker runs a de facto monopoly on operating system and office productivity software and charges WAY more than it costs to actually produce it.

If it weren't for all the profits going straight into his personal bank account, a full OEM copy of Windows would only cost $20 and Office maybe $40.

But he gets away with the outrageous gouging by strong-arming vendors (and thus institutions) into using exclusively Microsoft products.

Anti-trust regulations should have kicked in years ago, and split that company up.
    Last edited by LAGC; 10-15-2014 at 07:18 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

So boot leg his shit through a Swedish hosted torrent.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    So boot leg his shit through a Swedish hosted torrent.
    The problem with pirated software (besides the ethical issues) is that so many of them contain trojans and back-doors these days, especially on those P2P networks. Even with an up-to-date anti-virus security suite, shit can still get through.

Just not worth the danger of putting all my personal info at risk to hackers just to save $200.

And don't get me wrong -- I don't mind rewarding Microsoft's developers for their hard work, giving them the "seed" money they need to innovate and create future products, it's just the fucking gouging that pisses me off.

Like I said: if it weren't for the school using exclusively Microsoft software, I would have never felt compelled to buy it. So while it may not have been exactly "a gun to my head" forcing me to buy it, it wasn't exactly "voluntary free trade" either.

"Crony capitalism" might be a better phrase.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

De facto manopoly? I somehow manage to avoid using Microsuck products.

I would think with respect to term papers a PDF file could be submitted. As far as risking information, any MS product is a risk. I used to get a big kick out of seeing MS so called closed source code reviewed with respect to vulnerabilities at the Vegas Defcon conferences.

As far as ethical issues with pirated software, why would a liberal have an issue with stealing? Liberalism is all about taking wealth from people that earn it and giving what is stolen to the non-producers.

The problem with pirated software (besides the ethical issues)

BWAHAHAAA!!! An ex-con who went to the slammer for stealing shit has "ethical concerns" about pirating software? BWAHAHAAA!!! Thank you! You made my day!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

De facto manopoly? I somehow manage to avoid using Microsuck products.

I would think with respect to term papers a PDF file could be submitted.
    No, many college instructors these days use anti-plagiarism software to check student submissions to make sure they aren't cheating -- that anti-plagiarism software requires documents be submitted in Word .docx format exclusively.

One of the reasons the school uses Microsoft products, exclusively. Like I said: it's the vendors.

As far as risking information, any MS product is a risk. I used to get a big kick out of seeing MS so called closed source code reviewed with respect to vulnerabilities at the Vegas Defcon conferences.
    Well, we could argue back and forth whether open- or closed-source software is more vulnerable to exploits. I might just point out that with each major release of Windows there is only one kernel version, and it gets audited pretty heavily, hence the steady stream of updates and security fixes as bugs are discovered. The problem with many open-source packages are that everyone just assumes they must be audited since the source code is freely available, but the reality is there are so many frequent changes and new versions coming out all the time, that the source code is always in flux. It's a rather trivial task for programmers to insert malicious code or otherwise inadvertently introduce security flaws, especially considering how many people contribute to so many open-source projects. Consider the recent Heartbeat and BASH vulnerabilities -- millions of Linux systems out there running everything from ATM machines to point-of-sale terminals in retail stores, never being updated, wide-open for the raping.

As far as ethical issues with pirated software, why would a liberal have an issue with stealing? Liberalism is all about taking wealth from people that earn it and giving what is stolen to the non-producers.
    You mean like people on disability or those who are retired and living off the government teat (Social Security and Medicare, the lion's share of the federal budget, by far)?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

You mean like people on disability or those who are retired and living off the government teat (Social Security and Medicare, the lion's share of the federal budget, by far)?
    Oh, well since thats all liberals want, then I guess you're not so bad after all.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12