Thread: BREAKING: Documents Confirm Fast and Furious AK-47 Used in Phoenix Gang Assault

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Cool BREAKING: Documents Confirm Fast and Furious AK-47 Used in Phoenix Gang Assault

And the hits keep on comin'. Maybe this has something to do with Holder's announced exit.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...sault-n1906153

BREAKING: Documents Confirm Fast and Furious AK-47 Used in Phoenix Gang Assault
    Katie Pavlich | Oct 16, 2014

Documents obtained through a lawsuit recently issued against the City of Phoenix by government watchdog Judicial Watch reveal a weapon from the Department of Justice's Operation Fast and Furious was used to injure two people in a 2013 gang-style assault on an apartment complex. When the incident occurred and during investigation afterward, police worked with federal law enforcement agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Department of Homeland Security, FBI and Drug Enforcement Agency in the case, raising suspicions the assault wasn't simply a typical, local gang shootout and prompted questions about the details of where the weapons that were used came from.

“Thanks to our lawsuit, Congress has been able to confirm what Judicial Watch already reported – that a Fast and Furious weapon was used in yet another violent crime that terrorized and injured residents of Phoenix,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement. “Our lawsuit against Phoenix exposed how the Obama cover-up of Fast and Furious is ongoing. Eric Holder’s Department of Justice is a mess. It has endangered the public and is engaged in an ongoing cover-up of its insanely reckless Fast and Furious gun-running operation. Judicial Watch appreciates the refreshing diligence of Senator Grassley and Congressman Issa in pursuing the truth about Fast and Furious.” .......

"Based on the serial number [1977DX1654] from the police report obtained by Judicial Watch and documents obtained during our Fast and Furious investigation, we can confirm that the assault rifle recovered in the vehicle on July 30, 2013, was purchased by Sean Christopher Stewart. Stewart pled guilty to firearms trafficking charges resulting from his involvement with Operation Fast and Furious. Stewart purchased this particular firearm on December 8, 2009, one of 40 that he purchased that day while under ATF surveillance,” the letter continues. "According to the Phoenix Police Department report, ATF traced the firearm on July 31, 2013, the day after Phoenix police officers recovered it. Yet, over a full year has passed, and the Department has failed to notify the Committees."......

Assistant Attorney General James Cole, who played a large role in the cover-up of Operation Fast and Furious, announced his resignation from DOJ today.
    More at link.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Blood is on their hands. All parties involved should be found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The Obama Administration has declared war on the US. Perhaps, they can all be tried for war crimes.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

They'll never have their day in court. The feds won't allow it.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I remember when they called Reagan the Teflon president. Compared to this whole regime Reagan was glue sticky. They are invisible when it comes to accountability. Truman said "The buck stops here" but with this group the buck doesn't even get near them to pass the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Blood is on their hands. All parties involved should be found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder.
    So if you were to buy a gun, then sell it to someone else, and they committed a crime with it, then blood would be on your hands?

I will completely grant that the guns involved should have been tracked and recovered.

But we are still talking about a "legal" purchase, that turned into a *possibly* legal private sale.

Unless you saying you want all secondary sales to go through an FFL, then how is what you are saying not extremely hypocritical?

You might as well be blaming the dealer and the company who made the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    So if you were to buy a gun, then sell it to someone else, and they committed a crime with it, then blood would be on your hands?

I will completely grant that the guns involved should have been tracked and recovered.

But we are still talking about a "legal" purchase, that turned into a *possibly* legal private sale.

Unless you saying you want all secondary sales to go through an FFL, then how is what you are saying not extremely hypocritical?

The twists, turns and gyrations of your excuses for the gov't., and your constant attempts to lay blame where it does not belong, have become extremely tedious.

The gun in question came from a group of 40 bought at the same time, by the same buyer, who has since been convicted.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    The twists, turns and gyrations of your excuses for the gov't., and your constant attempts to lay blame where it does not belong, have become extremely tedious.
    I'm looking for consistency on this issue, not trying to twist a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    The gun in question came from a group of 40 bought at the same time, by the same buyer, who has since been convicted.
    Ok...so does this board have an issue with someone buying 40 guns in a day?

If someone buys those guns (lets say a couple crates of Mosins) and then sells one off, and the secondary buyer kills someone, then who is to blame?

1. The government who allowed someone to buy guns?

2. The original dealer who sold the crates to the original buyer?

3. The original buyer who sold the gun on the secondary market?

4. The government for allowing private party gun sales?

5. The secondary buyer who pulled the trigger?

6. The gun manufacturer?

In my opinion it's always been number 5. Adding a government sting into the situation doesn't change who pulled the trigger.

Please explain why I am wrong.

Please explain why I am wrong.
    1. The DOJ & ATF forced dealers to make such sales, even though they knew they might be violating current law, assuring them all such guns would be tracked and interdicted.

2. The DOJ & ATF lied, did not track them as they said they would (per the operation itself), and waited for the slaughter to begin so they could beat the banner of Amerikan guns going to the cartels illegally, as a pretext for new gun restrictions.

3. Some of those guns (at least the serial numbers were tracked, if not the guns themselves) have now been used in multiple crimes resulting in injury and death to citizens.

4. The gov't. initiated, sponsored, abetted, and at least to the extent of tracking the serial numbers, assured those guns went into illegal hands.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I know I'm wasting my time answering you prickface but here it is. No as my purchase was legal vs to people that the BATFE knew were either; 1 illegals, 2 felons or 3 both. They forced the dealers to sell weapons to known criminals so that BATFE could follow them back to their source. However, as anyone that has been paying attention know, they soon lost track of the weapons. Their story doesn't wash with the reality because at the same time the Dems (Obama) were wanting to start another ban on weapons to out do the Clinton ban. This was all designed to prove that we need more restrictions by creating the problem that didn't originally exist.

Uh, in this case yes. At best the original purchase was misrepresented on the form 4473 which makes this an illegal sale as the guns in question were not for the personal and ownership and use of the buyer.
    Damn right.

Disproven. This was clearly not a legal sale.

As BATFE coerced FFLs to act illegally what's left of your argument does not carry any weight.

Are you drunk? You usually make a much better argument. In this case your position is beyond being even remotely likely to apply, unless the current regime keeps pulling strings from behind the curtain. According to current enforcement of federal regulations this sale was illegal through and through.
    Last edited by Goodman; 10-17-2014 at 07:17 AM.
    CHOOT UM!

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos
    Dealers aren't interested in tracking them under normal circumstances.
    Correct. Dealers are interested in not making such sales in the first place so tracking becomes unnecessary. As someone else posted- don't believe it? Go to your FFL and try to buy 40 SBRs.
    CHOOT UM!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Jesus, Kad. That was the most uninformed devil's-advocate post you have ever made. Congratulations, you have finally made on to my ignore list - along with Joey.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    This. The criminal & treasonous actions of O and his cadre of marxist flunkies will go down as further evidence of the most corrupt & inept administration in the history of this country.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Kad, are you in line to replace Frieden as CDC chief? Your arguments make as much sense as his do.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars