Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BREAKING: Documents Confirm Fast and Furious AK-47 Used in Phoenix Gang Assault

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    I fully understand that there were 2 agendas here, one, try to catch straw buyers who were helping arm criminals, and two, to push a gun control agenda.
    You don't understand jack-shit...

There were no, zero!, arrests made. No attempt to ever stop or even slow the guns getting into Mexico. Six operations going on for two years plus and no arrest, no confiscated firearms, nothing. This was not an attempt to stop straw purchases. What it did do is make sure the straw purchases happened and kept happening. Getting the boarder agent killed was all that stopped the operation.

Edit: I got to think about it and they did make one arrest... AFTER the Congressional hearing had been underway for a while. They arrested one "informant" that IIRC, was an illegal alien already in jail.
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 10-19-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

The government gave this straw buyer enough rope to hang himself, they didn't send him in to buy, they didn't hook him up with criminals to sell to....he did that on his own. And now he's paying the price.

If your going to hold the government responsible for murder, then people are going to ask why they aren't held accountable for every murder that happens after an "ok" from the NICS system. And then they might say "why not just say no to all NICS checks and be done with it?"
    You have a reading comprehension problem?

They recruited and financed straw purchasers. They cleared Boarder Patrol to make sure the weapons got to Mexico. The straw purchasers DID NOT pass NCIS, but the dealers were ordered to complete the sales anyway or find themselves losing their license and out of business.

Blood on their hands? You bet!
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Oh, and it was NOT one straw purchaser, it was dozens at least. If all evidence for the other five operations had not been distroyed the number of straw purchasers might be into the hundreds...

From the article...

Based on the serial number [1977DX1654] from the police report obtained by Judicial Watch and documents obtained during our Fast and Furious investigation, we can confirm that the assault rifle recovered in the vehicle on July 30, 2013, was purchased by Sean Christopher Stewart. Stewart pled guilty to firearms trafficking charges resulting from his involvement with Operation Fast and Furious. Stewart purchased this particular firearm on December 8, 2009, one of 40 that he purchased that day while under ATF surveillance

I just looked, there have been two arrests both well after the Congressional hearings and cover up had started.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I just looked, there have been two arrests both well after the Congressional hearings and cover up had started.
    Obviously this guy did a straw purchase, resold the gun, and someone else pulled the trigger.

Maybe the government overrode that particular purchase, maybe it just kept tabs on it while they investigated. I'll admit I don't know for sure.

Either way, he walked in and bought the gun, he resold it, and a different person pulled the trigger.

If the government hadn't been watching at all, had it been you or I who did what he did, we (and the rest of the board) wouldn't blame the government or the dealer. True?

If the government hadn't been watching at all, had it been you or I who did what he did, we (and the rest of the board) wouldn't blame the government or the dealer. True?
    Correct.
    Because they, the government and the dealer, would have no knowledge of the fact it was a straw purchase.
    Since, in this case, the government not only had such knowledge but used its power to allow such a purchase AND failed to control the consequences of that purchase AND further used its power to conceal its actions.......
    Oh....never mind.
    They won't likely face prosecution anyway. Guess we just have to accept the most transparent administration ever as is.
    CHOOT UM!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Correct.
    Because they, the government and the dealer, would have no knowledge of the fact it was a straw purchase.
    Since, in this case, the government not only had such knowledge but used its power to allow such a purchase AND failed to control the consequences of that purchase AND further used its power to conceal its actions.......
    Oh....never mind.
    They won't likely face prosecution anyway. Guess we just have to accept the most transparent administration ever as is.
    Like I said, there is no doubt the government fucked up. Then tried to hide the fuck up.

My only issue is the "blood on their hands" idea. I think it's hypocrisy of us to say stuff like that. It seems like a major flip flop on how we normally determine who the guilty party is.

You wanna fire the AFT people involved, censure (or whatever) whatever elected officials were involved...fine by me. But "blood on hands" and the idea of murder charges is a step too far.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Like I said, there is no doubt the government fucked up. Then tried to hide the fuck up.

My only issue is the "blood on their hands" idea. I think it's hypocrisy of us to say stuff like that. It seems like a major flip flop on how we normally determine who the guilty party is.

You wanna fire the AFT people involved, censure (or whatever) whatever elected officials were involved...fine by me. But "blood on hands" and the idea of murder charges is a step too far.
    To call it a "fuck up" is blatantly dishonest. They intentionally committed criminal acts with the intention of furthering political motives. Criminal acts which were done with the intention of getting people killed because it helped their political motives. There is definitely blood on their hands.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

That's the point. It wasn't a fuckup.You're awful slow when it comes to the facts. It was deliberate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123