Thread: Vomiting passenger from Nigeria dies aboard flight to JFK...CDC after cursory exam of body says no obola...nothing to see here...

Vomiting passenger from Nigeria dies aboard flight to JFK...CDC after cursory exam of body says no obola...nothing to see here...

http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/alarm-a...igeria-to-jfk/

A plane from Nigeria landed at JFK Airport Thursday with a male passenger aboard who had died during the flight after a fit of vomiting — and CDC officials conducted a “cursory” exam before announcing there was no Ebola and turning the corpse over to Port Authority cops to remove, Rep. Peter King said on Thursday.
    Gee...in every other case there has been a 24 to 48 hour delay from a "suspected" case, to confirmation of obola, or no obola, due to the testing required...yet somehow in this case they were able to determine after a cursory exam that it's not obola. How does that work...new, magical, unicorn powered obola detector apps for the CDC iPhones?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

It's easier to tell with a dead body.

Consider rabies, there is a simple test to see if a dog (or person) has it, you just take a thin slice of a cross-section of the brain and examine it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    It's easier to tell with a dead body.

Consider rabies, there is a simple test to see if a dog (or person) has it, you just take a thin slice of a cross-section of the brain and examine it.
    Must be another of those iFruit apps I'm not familiar with...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Everyday occurance in the skies above.
    Passengers vomitting, expiring in mid air, it's all on the up and up.
    No worries.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Could have had a heart attack

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condit...39_Article.jsp

"As with men, women's most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, and back or jaw pain".

Nausea and vomiting are/can be signs of a heart attack. People do have heart attacks on aircraft and they do die.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Could have had a heart attack

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condit...39_Article.jsp

"As with men, women's most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, and back or jaw pain".

Nausea and vomiting are/can be signs of a heart attack. People do have heart attacks on aircraft and they do die.
    I think the concern is more with how fast the cause of death was determined to not be ebola than with it being something else. I don't know the timeline but that seems to be the concern of the people I have heard.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I think the concern is more with how fast the cause of death was determined to not be ebola than with it being something else. I don't know the timeline but that seems to be the concern of the people I have heard.
    0bamaregim will do all it can to ensure the spread, or at least the hysteria thereof.

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post

Perhaps based on what might have been reported it was obvious it wasn't ebola? If the guy was clutching his chest and complaining of pain, etc. then you might have a pretty good clue as to what killed him. He was 63 years old, for all we know he was on oxygen using a walker. Everyone can't have ebola from now on just because folks are in a panic. Just saying there might be obvious clues as to what killed him. The thing is if they come out with an autopsy report that says he had a stroke will that make any difference? All anyone will remember is that they think officials didn't take long enough, how ever long enough is, to make the call.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Perhaps based on what might have been reported it was obvious it wasn't ebola? If the guy was clutching his chest and complaining of pain, etc. then you might have a pretty good clue as to what killed him. He was 63 years old, for all we know he was on oxygen using a walker. Everyone can't have ebola from now on just because folks are in a panic. Just saying there might be obvious clues as to what killed him. The thing is if they come out with an autopsy report that says he had a stroke will that make any difference? All anyone will remember is that they think officials didn't take long enough, how ever long enough is, to make the call.
    I will admit to not reading anything but headlines about this guy. Mostly because I see no reason to read a report that I know is not going to have much information. If the initial reports said that he was complaining of chest pain then people are not thinking critically but are just fear mongering. If the initial reports didn't include this but just said that the guy died while vomiting, then the news organizations that reported that are the ones guilty. Don't disagree with the "enough time" comment. People want information and analysis right now not realizing that it takes some finite period of time to do it right. When they get that analysis "right now" and it turns out to be wrong then someone must be hiding something. It goes the other way too when people are made to wait for information it must be because someone is "getting their story straight" or are hiding things.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Found this

http://www.inquisitr.com/1546011/ari...igeria-to-jfk/

“The authorities conducted tests on the body and it was only a short evaluation that suggested he did not have the deadly virus, prompting concerns there are still ‘vulnerabilities’ at airports,” reports Mail Online

"The man on the Arik Air flight did experience chest pains before he died, according to the New York Daily News. It is believed that he suffered a heart attack (vomiting can be a symptom of heart attacks)"

http://www.newsmax.com/us/vomiting-p.../17/id/601433/
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

My prediction is that the routine autospy will turn into a scarefest with something bad being confirmed and all the people on that flight will be tracked down. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by studmuffin View Post
    My prediction is that the routine autospy will turn into a scarefest with something bad being confirmed and all the people on that flight will be tracked down. Just saying.
    Why? Most predictions are based on something. Facts, hypothesis, wishful thinking. Just curious why you would make this prediction?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I just read the article in the OP. That was a great piece of fear mongering, first by the paper not doing much, if any, research on the story. Second, by Rep. King who also didn't seem to do any research but seemed to be going for political points. Sad that he is a Republican.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by studmuffin View Post
    Based on the more recent information that is being reported I truly doubt that will happen.

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

I'm surprised Peter King didn't try to claim that the Fourth Amendment is the cause of ebola. Fucking authoritarian statist asshole.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.