Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voter ID Law Allowed

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Voter ID Law Allowed

There have been a few posts recently about voter ID laws being thwarted. Thought I would post one where it is being allowed.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Saturday that Texas can use its controversial new voter identification law for the November election.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jus...law/ar-BB9KTJe
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

What a bummer for the cheaters known as the democrap party and their two sympathizers here.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Yeah I heard Shelia Jackson Lee speaking on this law. It's amazing that even black folks would vote for such a clearly retarded woman.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Almost every thing I've done in my life required an ID......it has been no problem. I see no reason that voting should be different.
    Dan

Liberal heads are exploding everywhere.

Honestly if you don't have the mental capacity to get an ID. You shouldn't be voting.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    But they can't afford to get photo ID documentation, yet for everything else that requires photo ID they have no problems. Odd...
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    But they can't afford to get photo ID documentation, yet for everything else that requires photo ID they have no problems. Odd...
    I was thinking the same thing. Buying booze requires a photo ID, so most "voters" should already have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post

Honestly if you don't have the mental capacity to get an ID. You shouldn't be voting.
    Don't think that foriegn enemies, not just domestic ones, aren't watching their efforts become slowed by an awakening nation.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    We can hope.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

My son needed positive ID to play Little League Baseball, but liberals don't want positive ID to vote or to be President.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoctor View Post
    My son needed positive ID to play Little League Baseball, but liberals don't want positive ID to vote or to be President.
    That is because Little League baseball is more important in the minds of liberals that the office of President or the responsibility of voting.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Lets see how many "honest" libs stay home this Nov in the great state of Texas. It should shed a bunch of light on to what really go's on nationwide, BIG TIME. I can hear Holder screaming from here with his last minute before an election BS he has been pulling and pushing for 6 yrs. Oh the drama of it all? Honest my behind! the so-called party of the poor seem awful, awful RICH these days.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    That is because Little League baseball is more important in the minds of liberals that the office of President or the responsibility of voting.
    Yes, and to make sure the games are fun, they can't keep score, there can be no winner, and everyone gets a participation trophy.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

When i recently voted in the primary, of the 30 or so folks at the polls while i was there, i was the racial minority, most were lower middle class and working poor, all were asked to show ID, all had theirs, no one complained of discrimination, we all voted and left.

I really don't see why there is such a fuss about showing ID to vote....unless of course it's to facilitate fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Buying booze requires a photo ID, so most "voters" should already have one.
    This!! ^^
    What happens when you cash a check or pay by check? What about a credit card that the clerk swipes rather than you (or SHOULD happen)?
    We have to "prove" who we are in so many different ways and almost every day, why should voting be any different?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Wish they would have re-instituted the WI voter id law as well. I have a feeling there will be much cheating in our Governor's race, particularly in Milwaukee, and we'll be stuck with Mary Burke instead of Scott Walker...

But damn good for you guys in TX...given the attempts to make it blue as the death knell for conservative representation in the US, the supremes picked the right state for a stand on this.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Well I'm wondering how poor dumb blacks from Africa can supply Id's to board planes with ebola, Yet LAGC and KADMOS insist blacks in the United States are too stupid to get id's or vote..... Isn't that ironic? The conservatives give blacks the benefit of the doubt when it comes to common sense, while the Democrap party hacks LAGC and Kadmos think they are too stupid to get a state ID.....

It's not so much about African Americans in general as much as it is elderly, poor folks in particular -- mostly old, urban women -- who have either never had a need to get a photo ID for anything, or have let theirs long expire. They don't drive (instead use public transportation, or rely on other family members who do drive) or even necessarily leave the house. What's ironic is that many of these disenfranchised folks in voter ID states are now ordering absentee ballots mailed to them instead, which (*omigod*) don't require a photo ID either! That's why this whole thing is so stupid and ridiculous.

It's not about preventing fraud, it's about erecting more hoops for eligible voters to jump through, all part of the overall Republican strategy of discouraging people from voting, since the GOP only tends to win elections when overall turn-out is low. Because when non-voters are polled, they consistently identify with liberal positions by a considerable margin. It's just that conservatives (who make-up only 38% of the electorate according to recent polls) are much more motivated to actually show up and vote. But if voting were compulsory, there would be Democratic supermajorities in the House, Senate, and the Presidency for a long-time -- or at least until they fucked up bad enough to cause enough voters to rebel, or vote for a Third Party. (Which wouldn't be bad thing, IMHO.)
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    -- mostly old, urban women --
    You rat bastard conservative haters...each of you who'd go out of your way to hold the door for, hold a chair out for, give up a taxi, or bus or train seat for her...

You stupid bastards won't let her vote though...SHE HAS TO HAVE THAT WHICH 99 47/100 OF AMERICANS HAVE!!!!

IDENTIFICATION!!!!!!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    SHE HAS TO HAVE THAT WHICH 99 47/100 OF AMERICANS HAVE!!!!
    Try 89%.

Studies show that as many as 11 percent of eligible voters do not have government-issued photo ID.

That percentage is even higher for seniors, people of color, people with disabilities, low-income voters, and students. Many citizens find it hard to get government photo IDs, because the underlying documentation like birth certificates (the ID one needs to get ID) is often difficult or expensive to come by.

http://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/voter-id
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast