Thread: Yet another "new" AR mag...

Yet another "new" AR mag...

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yep that is a new one to me as well. Interesting concept to have a bolt hold open with 1 round left. They would change up your habits of reloading on bolt lock back. I'm not sure that is a good thing as this is the only type that can do it.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yep that is a new one to me as well. Interesting concept to have a bolt hold open with 1 round left. They would change up your habits of reloading on bolt lock back. I'm not sure that is a good thing as this is the only type that can do it.
    If you ever reverted to your training of changing mags when it locks open, your not actually hurting anything. Just throwing away one bullet.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    If you ever reverted to your training of changing mags when it locks open, your not actually hurting anything. Just throwing away one bullet.
    I'm thinking the other way around. You get use to lock back then hit the release change mags and then you get a "Click". On a gun range; embarrassing in a fire fight, dead.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I'm thinking the other way around. You get use to lock back then hit the release change mags and then you get a "Click". On a gun range; embarrassing in a fire fight, dead.
    Now I see what you're saying.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Who thought this was advantageous in any way?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Who thought this was advantageous in any way?
    +1. Not a fan of this concept in any way. Releasing the bolt catch before inserting a new mag would be going against over a decade's worth of muscle-memory for me. Plus, for me, at least, whenever the bolt doesn't close and I still see ammunition in the magazine, the first thing I think of is a feeding issue. "Dang, do I have a malfunction or is this the last cartridge in the magazine?" I wouldn't even recommend these for an AR15 novice who wouldn't have the muscle-memory issue... The minute they use a normal magazine after getting used to these, they would be mind-f'cked.

These mags cause more problems than they solve.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

No thanks. with learning my weapon platforms and muscle memory, starting over doesnt sound like fun..