Thread: Book recommendation. God's War.

was_peacemaker

Book recommendation. God's War.

A fresh and detailed look of the Crusades, its about 1000 pages paperback but it really goes into a vast detail of people and history who were involved in the Crusades. The author does a good job at explaining the rise of state ran religion, and how the Roman Catholic Church evolved with the European culture that is embraced in the pre-feudal dark ages. I just started reading it, and so far I have to say the details of both the people, the culture and the theology explained is rather amazing. Its not as much a history book as it is a book that takes you back in time and gives you an idea of how cultures melded together and how the Crusades evolved.

Thanks for the recommendation. Being very interested in hostory, I just downloaded the Kindle version of the book from Amazon. My book recommendation for today is "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston. I agree with Arthur C. Clarke who called this one of the most terrifying books he ever read.

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Zone-Terri...ichard+preston

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Being very interested in hostory, I just downloaded the Kindle version of the book from Amazon. My book recommendation for today is "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston. I agree with Arthur C. Clarke who called this one of the most terrifying books he ever read.

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Zone-Terri...ichard+preston
    Hope you enjoy God's War. Thanks for the link to the other book, I am going to have to check that out, it does sound creepy!