Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to get a passport for Turkey to go to either Iraq or Syria.

was_peacemaker

Trying to get a passport for Turkey to go to either Iraq or Syria.

EDIT.
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 10-24-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm sorry but this is the final post that has defined you. You obviously are a suicidal idiot! They will so cut your head off and we'll probably be able to see it on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I'm sorry but this is the final post that has defined you. You obviously are a suicidal idiot! They will so cut your head off and we'll probably be able to see it on YouTube.
    Yeah. I wonder how many western volunteers will end up being sold to isis.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

was_peacemaker
    Edit.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Don't go alone. You would need help getting there, and your "helper" is just as likely to sell you to ISIS. Especially if they are associated with the Turkish government/military. I would suggest trying to volunteer through one of the European motorcycle clubs that are helping the Kurds, if you can find a way to make contact with them. I'd be wary of them as well, as many are criminals, but I'd trust any of them before I'd trust a Turk.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

was_peacemaker
    Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    By the Kurds?!? They need all the help they can get.
    Can you tell a Kurd from a Turk?
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I figure once in Norther Iraq its pretty much Kurd country.
    First, you have to get there. Probably by crossing the Turkish border with the help of Kurds on the Turkey side. There's no guarantee the "Kurd" trying to help you is really a Kurd, Turkish military intelligence isn't stupid and they hate the Kurds. Even in Northern Iraq, everyone isn't Kurdish. You may even run into a Kurd who sees you as a profit opportunity, not every Kurd has a heart of gold - they're good and bad just like any other group of people. You've never been to this part of the world and you have no idea what you are doing, even in just trying to link up with legitimate Kurdish forces. The first three ISIS video subjects were all a hell of a lot savvier than you in running around this part of the world, and they still got their heads cut off.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I say go for it.

Have fun and try not to get sold as a hostage on your way there.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I say go for it.

Have fun and try not to get sold as a hostage on your way there.
    It's a well thought out plan with obvious "SuperrrrrGeniussss!" precision plotting...how could anything go wrong?

Don't forget your ACME rocket skates, peace.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    It's a well thought out plan with obvious "SuperrrrrGeniussss!" precision plotting...how could anything go wrong?

Don't forget your ACME rocket skates, peace.
    I knew the plan was genius the instant I read the phrase "Kurd Country".
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Last edited by rci2950; 10-21-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I've thought about it too Peacemaker, too many liabilities to overcome the chivalry in my mind.

I am not making any promises and it might take me a month or two to get the money to do this but I am seriously thinking about going to Turkey crossing the border and volunteering to help the Kurds. Right now money is an issue I need to put back some more cash. But the military turned me down twice, once for medical and then legal stuff. I need to go out and do something with my life. Tomorrow I have to make some phone calls and see what my options are.
    Oh dear God..... what is WRONG with you?

Do you have some romantic visions of stealthily creeping around bombed out buildings and shooting at bad guys with your WASR-10?

It might be fun... until a little 125 grain 7.62 bullet blows off your arm or head.

Damn dude... shave the shit off your face, get a mans haircut and find a girlfriend. You'll live longer.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I think we've lost enough American lives trying to understand those monkeys.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I have been reading how Danish & German biker gangs are going over to Kurdistan to fight ISIS. This could become the 21st century crusade.

If you really want to go you better find kurdish contacts here in the states first.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Ya know, you could scrounge up that dough pretty quick if you sold that amp. Pretty fair chances you won't be using it again.
    Otherwise, if you want to do good work for people in poor countries consider www.peacecorps.gov
    CHOOT UM!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Ya know, you could scrounge up that dough pretty quick if you sold that amp. Pretty fair chances you won't be using it again.
    Otherwise, if you want to do good work for people in poor countries consider www.peacecorps.gov
    SHHH!

I was hoping he'd let me watch it for him "until" he comes back.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

French Foreign Legion.

http://en.legion-etrangere.com/
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast