Thread: Trying to get a passport out of New York

Trying to get a passport out of New York

...so I can go to the damn range without worrying that the Gestapo will arrest me...

Oh, and because I care.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

You're welcome to come to Arizona, just be aware you will be checked for weapons at the border....

Minimum requirements are:
    1 - Semi-auto rifle, must have a minimum magazine capacity of no less than 30 rounds
    1 - Semi-auto hand gun, of caliber sufficient to kill a chupacabra
    1- Ruger 10/22 with ammo capable of taking out a helicopter

and no less than 1000 rounds of ammo for each gun

Of course if your passport is declined you can always sneak in through the southern border
    Last edited by davepool; 10-21-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Whatever you do, never come to South Carolina, or anywhere in the south east for that matter. Except for Florida. And tell all your New York friends the same thing.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Ohio is pretty lax on guns. No waiting periods or any such shit. Anything you can legally own in the U.S. you can own here.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    You're welcome to come to Arizona, just be aware you will be checked for weapons at the border....

Minimum requirements are:
    1 - Semi-auto rifle, must have a minimum magazine capacity of no less than 30 rounds
    1 - Semi-auto hand gun, of caliber sufficient to kill a chupacabra
    1- Ruger 10/22 with ammo capable of taking out a helicopter

and no less than 1000 rounds of ammo for each gun

Of course if your passport is declined you can always sneak in through the southern border
    Actually, I am planning on moving to the Southwest as soon as I retire. I'm looking into New Mexico and Arizona (the middle to northern parts) but I'm not sure exactly where yet.

As far as qualifications... let's see:

* Semi auto rifle: Got lots of them, and mag capacity all the way to 100. Check.
    * Semi auto handgun: Got lots of those too. Largest pistol mag I have is a 30 round stick for a Glock (9mm). Calibers range from .22LR to .45ACP. Check.
    * Ruger 10/22 with anti-helicopter ammo. Check. Plus I have 25, 30 and 50 round mags for the Ruger.
    * At least 1000 rounds for each weapon. Um... crap... I'm a bit low on pistol ammo. Only have about 500 rounds each caliber. Got LOTS of rifle ammo though. I'll catch up on the pistol ammo.

One thing though... my 10/22 is in a youth stock (because my younger son and now my daughter like to shoot it). Does that disqualify me? I still have the original stock if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Ohio is pretty lax on guns. No waiting periods or any such shit. Anything you can legally own in the U.S. you can own here.
    Thanks, but I have my heart set on warmer, drier places. Ohio gets snow. Probably not as bad as New York, but snow is snow, and to me snow is like poison falling from the sky. I HATE snow!

I know that even in the southwest it may snow a bit, but I've had enough of this 9+ months per year continual gray sky and water (either wet or frozen) constantly falling from the sky because of fucking Lake Erie.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Thanks, but I have my heart set on warmer, drier places. Ohio gets snow. Probably not as bad as New York, but snow is snow, and to me snow is like poison falling from the sky. I HATE snow!

I know that even in the southwest it may snow a bit, but I've had enough of this 9+ months per year continual gray sky and water (either wet or frozen) constantly falling from the sky because of fucking Lake Erie.
    Well, maybe LAGC's globull warming/climate change will dry that damned lake up for you...

See? There's always a plus side to everything if you look hard enough.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Actually, I am planning on moving to the Southwest as soon as I retire. I'm looking into New Mexico and Arizona (the middle to northern parts) but I'm not sure exactly where yet.

As far as qualifications... let's see:

* Semi auto rifle: Got lots of them, and mag capacity all the way to 100. Check.
    * Semi auto handgun: Got lots of those too. Largest pistol mag I have is a 30 round stick for a Glock (9mm). Calibers range from .22LR to .45ACP. Check.
    * Ruger 10/22 with anti-helicopter ammo. Check. Plus I have 25, 30 and 50 round mags for the Ruger.
    * At least 1000 rounds for each weapon. Um... crap... I'm a bit low on pistol ammo. Only have about 500 rounds each caliber. Got LOTS of rifle ammo though. I'll catch up on the pistol ammo.

One thing though... my 10/22 is in a youth stock (because my younger son and now my daughter like to shoot it). Does that disqualify me? I still have the original stock if necessary.

No disqualification, we actually require that all children be proficient in firearms by their 13th birthday

Yea, move to the northern part of AZ, being from upstate new york, you may not be able to hang with us desert rats