Thread: Ebola sub rosa

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Ebola sub rosa

I wonder how many suspected cases of ebola are not getting reported? How many are kept secret (sub rosa) for what ever reason, whether to prevent panic, protect patients who might not actually have it but show similar symptoms?

Not a k-file thread, but I know of several hospitals that suddenly applied for ebola certification and one specifically that just took two patients who "don't appear to have ebola" but are being taken to a special facility just to be safe!

Of course it is not in the news, and I don't have a link other than it is a "Woodward/Bernstein thing, and the secrecy makes me sick, or could make me sick I guess.

Sorry for the late night/early morning rant, but it would be nice for our transparent government to open up a bit.

In this case what we don't know could hurt us.

Edited as I found this: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...280001132.html

Really?

And this: http://abc7chicago.com/news/universi...tient-/360410/

OK, I understand they are erring on the side of safety and prefer this to what happened in Dallas.

Another unreported case...

http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014...ital_stay.html

Anyone who thinks there's transparency here, has another think coming...

What happened with the Dallas lab worker on the cruise ship? All over the alt news for a few days...denied port in mexico and belize, returned to TX on Sunday...not a word in the news since Saturday...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    What happened with the Dallas lab worker on the cruise ship? All over the alt news for a few days...denied port in mexico and belize, returned to TX on Sunday...not a word in the news since Saturday...
    Tested negative, as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Tested negative, as expected.
    Link?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

When the WHO tried to stamp out smallpox, the procedure was to quarantine the victim and vaccinate a ring of people around the quarantined area, the outbreak would then collapse as it found no further hosts. This was repeated over and over again untill smallpox had been more or less eliminated as a disease in Asia.

What does cdc/0bama do about ebola?
    Fly ebola victims into the US and let them walk amongst us.
    Sound to me like levying war against the United States.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    When the WHO tried to stamp out smallpox, the procedure was to quarantine the victim and vaccinate a ring of people around the quarantined area, the outbreak would then collapse as it found no further hosts. This was repeated over and over again untill smallpox had been more or less eliminated as a disease in Asia.

What does cdc/0bama do about ebola?
    Fly ebola victims into the US and let them walk amongst us.
    Sound to me like levying war against the United States.
    Totally different things.

Smallpox was airborne, an infected person walked around with a six foot cloud of infectious material surrounding them. It was highly contagious. It would spread rapidly in a populated area, millions died around the world every year

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Totally different things.

Smallpox was airborne, an infected person walked around with a six foot cloud of infectious material surrounding them. It was highly contagious. It would spread rapidly in a populated area, millions died around the world every year

ALERT: U.S. Army researchers at USAMRIID confirm Ebola variant was airborne in 1990
    Cited from "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston, beginning on page 272 of the soft cover print edition...

"Ebola... jumped quickly from room to room... a lot like influenza"
    What happened in that building was a kind of experiment. Now they would see what Ebola could do naturally in a population of monkeys living in a confined space, in a kind of city, as it were.

The Ebola Reston virus jumped quickly from room to room, and as it blossomed in the monkeys, it seemed to mutate spontaneously into something that looked quite a lot like influenza. But it was an Ebola flu.

The monkeys died with great quantities of clear mucus and green mucus running from their noses, mixed with blood that would not clot. Their lungs were destroyed, rotten and swimming with Ebola virus. They had pneumonia. When a single animal with a nosebleed showed up in a room, generally 80 percent of the animals died in that room shortly afterward. The virus was extraordinarily contagious in monkeys.

"...could look like the flu... a different strain could appear in a month's time... drifted through the air-handling ducts"
    The Institute scientists suspected that they were seeing a mutant strain of Ebola, something new and a little different from what they had seen just a month before, in December, when the Army had nuked the monkey house. It was frightening -- it was as if Ebola could change its character fast -- and could look like the flu. As if a different strain could appear in a month's time.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/047317_eb...#ixzz3GhDpB53b
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

It's a rare event where they give you the "...." to indicate missing words and then give you the full sentence later on.

"Ebola... jumped quickly from room to room... a lot like influenza"
    The Ebola Reston virus jumped quickly from room to room, and as it blossomed in the monkeys, it seemed to mutate spontaneously into something that looked quite a lot like influenza.
    It's sort of like

"Sure I'll lend you my Ford...to help you move..I hope that works"

From,

"Sure I'll lend you my Ford, the broke down Festiva, to help you move, but there is no way in hell I'm lending you the F350, I hope that works, asshat"

The Reston virus is harmless to humans.

Could Ebola mutate into an airborne virus, maybe. Maybe in 1000 years, maybe never. Maybe it could also mutate into a non-lethal strain as well and the worst symptom would be a short lived dry cough.

From a evolutionary standpoint it's actually better for it to become less lethal than to spread easier, for it's own survival. In 100 years people might be eating food fortified with Ebola to help promote healthy living, longer lasting erections, and whiter teeth.