Thread: Learned something new today...just how rare are some prebans...

Cool Learned something new today...just how rare are some prebans...

As in the true meaning of "prebans"....pre '89

I'm sure 'Nut may own one...or two

But I learned there are less than a dozen of semi's here in the States...

What praytell.....

Why, Sako 95's !!!!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Just guessing by the name Sako 95, it was made mid 1990s which would preclude it being a pre-Bush ban. Since you say there are a handful in the land of shall not be infringed, it's pre-ban would be the clinton ban of 1994 where he banned every import that didn't meet the sporting purpose clause of the new ATF second amendment, as well as by name regardless if it could have it's parts count brought down to that angelic 10 maximum number of imported parts.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Just guessing by the name Sako 95, it was made mid 1990s which would preclude it being a pre-Bush ban. Since you say there are a handful in the land of shall not be infringed, it's pre-ban would be the clinton ban of 1994 where he banned every import that didn't meet the sporting purpose clause of the new ATF second amendment, as well as by name regardless if it could have it's parts count brought down to that angelic 10 maximum number of imported parts.
    I always assumed the same....believe me 'Nut....I just saw pics of factory made, 7.62x39 semiauto's...here in the State's
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    When I look at photos of firearms from around the world, I long for the day that the right of the people actually means something as was envisioned by the founders of this great country.

It's Finnish. Not that many FIN guns came in, even during the 70s and 80s heydey.

If you guys know who Larry Vickers is, he's the one that just got it. The receiver is marked M92S. He would not say what he paid for it though.

I took some pics of a transferable RK95 years ago at The Creek. But that one started life out as a Valmet M76 I believe???