Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois voting machine changes Republican votes to Democratic ones

Illinois voting machine changes Republican votes to Democratic ones

http://theweek.com/article/index/270...emocratic-ones

Oh really now?

Early voting has gotten off to a rocky start in Illinois.

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan told Watchdog.org that he tried to cast a vote for himself, but that his voting machine cast a vote for his opponent instead.

"You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat," Moynihan said.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

And so it begins! No surprise there!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    And so it begins! No surprise there!
    Nope, no surprise at all!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    They are just trying to show everyone that there is no need for voter ID.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

With electronic voting machines there is no need to vote. This was documented in Florida in 2012, it is a code that is put in the machine then after it is powered off, the next time they turn it back on it auto executes an erasure command to hide that it was ever there. I swear this is how Obama got his second term.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^I wouldn't rule it out. Fox news said this incident was attributed to a calibration issue on the touch screen system.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I wonder how many votes were casts before the "calibration" issue was discovered. I would think the calibration of the voting machines would be checked at least each day before voting begins. But then again, maybe it was.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

BRING BACK PAPER BALLETS AND PURPLE INK

Sure, a lcd calibration issue.
    Just like on my gps.
    sure.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Sure, a lcd calibration issue.
    Just like on my gps.
    sure.
    I have a Palm Pilot a long time ago with an LCD screen. I had to calibrate it about every month or so to ensure my stylus would actually click where I wanted it to click. Of course this was probably about 7 years ago and I would expect the technology to overcome this, but I can see it in the realm of possibility. It should not have come as a surprise, though.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

They DID have this problem with the lt election.
    It wad reported several times that the "field" around the Romney button was SO smal it wad hard to click it.
    The Obama "field" was over almost the entire screen.

BISHOP

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^When that happens, you stop the line and call bull shit to the nearest "authority". Simple. If anyone wound up voting for Obama because of an issue that obvious, they are partially to blame.

Keep in mind I'm speaking as if the "game" ain't rigged, though it may very well be.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Whatever happens at vote time, check your vote and make sure it shows what you intended to vote.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Leave it to you to bring balance. What this proves to me is two things. First, you have to check your votes. Second, we should not be using electronic voting machines.

It is interesting that this problem was found in Cook County, IL, though. It would be funny if it was registering Republican votes, it is interesting, bordering on suspicious for the machine to be registering only Democrat votes.

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Makes you long for the days of the hanging chad, don't it.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Leave it to you to bring balance. What this proves to me is two things. First, you have to check your votes.
    Might make you feel better to check it, but you still won't know how it actually tallied your vote.

You could press the button for Democrat, Republican can light up, it tallies the vote for the Green party, and prints out Democrat when you check it.

Or you could press the button for Republican, Republican lights up, it tallies for the Communist party, and prints out showing Republican.

Frankly the fuck ups you can actually see, like in the video, aren't the big problems, it's the ones you have no idea happened.

One day we all wake up and Ralph Nader is the president.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Might make you feel better to check it, but you still won't know how it actually tallied your vote.

You could press the button for Democrat, Republican can light up, it tallies the vote for the Green party, and prints out Democrat when you check it.

Or you could press the button for Republican, Republican lights up, it tallies for the Communist party, and prints out showing Republican.

Frankly the fuck ups you can actually see, like in the video, aren't the big problems, it's the ones you have no idea happened.

One day we all wake up and Ralph Nader is the president.
    Thanks. Now I will have nightmares.

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I work with Diebold techs and Diebold equipment on a regular basis. On the video it looks to me like the former contractor is saying Diebold knew there could be issues and gave him directions on how to fix them. Nothing new about that. Every ATM I deal with can and will have issues at some point and the Diebold techs have procedures on what to do as do NCR and Wincor techs. I guess I really didn't understand what the producers of the video were trying to say? Either A. Voting machines have problems or B. The problems are actually intentionally programmed and done in such a way as to give Democrats an advantage.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I love how it's always the Democrats who are up to these antics, and never Republicans. Because the GOP would never sink to such lows as to try to cheat their way into office, if it was really so easy, right?

Then when Democrats win races (even in heavily Democratic states like Illinois) you have one vocal group crying "fraud" while another claims "the takers now outnumber the makers."

Can't have it both ways, conservatives...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast