Thread: Marines of Beirut, Oct. 23rd, 1983

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Marines of Beirut, Oct. 23rd, 1983

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I still feel the outrage i had when this happened, most of the outrage from the fact that those Marines were ordered to carry their weapons unloaded.....bullshit!

I have a hard time dismissing the thought that the order to carry in condition 4 was intentional in order to facilitate an attack that would further a political agenda. Hell i heard it on the news that the Marines were carrying unloaded weapons....kinda like a no gun zone in a school, "here we are, come and get us, crazy fucks"
    Last edited by davepool; 10-23-2014 at 09:28 PM.

I remember sitting in the dayroom on our site watching this and wondering what was going to happen next.

Imagine my surprise two days later when we invaded Grenada and I was trying to connect the non-existent dots between the two.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

That video was a very well-done tribute to the people who died in that terrorist bombing.

I put off watching it for as long as I could, but felt drawn to it tonight. The reason I kept putting it off is that I taught one of those Marines who died there.

His name was Chuck Bailey. He was a really cool student who was as bright as they come. He had a great sense of humor and got along with everyone. I enjoyed having him as a student and was really devastated when I heard he died in that bomb blast. I always thought he would go far with his life, no matter what career path he took.

I thought it was nice that our BOE honored his memory with a their public sign that's located in front of their building. They kept it on display for about a month.

I'm glad I took the time to watch the video and thank-you for posting it.

"Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars