Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diverticulitous.

Diverticulitous.

Started not feeling well yesterday. Went to work this morning. Was in pain and couldn't function. Went to the clinic across the road, did lab work and a ct scan. Turns out I got diverticulitous again. Years ago, I had part of my colon removed to stop this from happening again. This time the infection is on the right side. Dr. told me that it was rare, but it was good that I got to the Dr. before the fever got any worse. So, on meds for the next two weeks. The pain pills are just kicking in. So it is off to la la land and rest on the couch.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, hope it goes away. Enjoy lala land. I hear the flowers are very pretty.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Get well soon buddy.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Relax, listen to the pretty colors, watch the diet and get well quick!

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

damn, amigo...that crap is no fun! you just get better, and listen to the doc.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

sounds like a shitty thing to come down with. I hope you are better soon.

by the way

Codeine makes your poo hard. just a heads up
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Here is wishing you a speedy recovery.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Wow, sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Paul.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Good luck with the treatments and recover soon.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

was_peacemaker
    El Duce I am sorry to hear about that. I hope the docs can help you out. Do they think you might need surgery again? Prayers sent.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

It's been just over 5 years since i had 4"' of my colon removed after wearing a colostomy bag next to my navel for 4 months from what you're going through, damn i hope you don't have to go through the surgery again. It was the most no fun experience i ever had.

My doctor told me that once you've had it's likely it may occur again. I stick to a pretty strict diet, bowl of oatmeal each morning, fresh fruit mid morning, non-fat plain yougurt with fresh pineapple for lunch, steamed vegetables an 4OZ of grilled chicken for dinner. I eat less than 2 lbs of red meat a year, maybe a couple pounds of pork loin, fish and chicken are the main meats in my diet.

It is a pretty boring diet, but i DO NOT want to go through that ever again. MY fever hit 108 before they rushed me into emergency surgery, doctors didn't think i was going to make it.

Prayers for you partner, hope the meds can get you through this
    Last edited by davepool; 10-23-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Haven't been on here in awhile. Wish you a speedy recovery Elduce. Take care.

AKATTACK

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Get better soon El Duce...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Didn't sleep that well last night. Dr. told me that it was pretty rare to get it on the right side. Thing is I had to go into work at 5 am all week long. I got there yesterday and knew that something was not right. When I told the boss that I was going to the clinic, his response was. Well, what does that mean? Place doesn't care. Well, just took my meds again and going to go b ack to bed. Dave, I have had several bouts with this, once that part of my colon was removed I was told that I souldn't have a problem again. I was lucky no to have the poop bag.

Just talked to my Dr./gun buddy. He wants to see me if it does not get any better. Wife is dropping off my results to his office. Was told that this was rare and not to be taken lightly. Going to keep an eye on my temp to make sure fever does not get worse. Friend asked if I wanted to get admitted for IV antibiotics. Not just yet. Though he did prescribe me some better pain meds as what I have is not doing the job. Going to go lay down. It is nice to have friends in the right places sometimes.

Get well soon. Your clueless boss shouldn't read what I think of him.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Get well soon Bro.

Feeling better today. I can walk around with little bit of pain. Still didn't sleep 100% last night. Couldn't lay on my stomach. I get "free" healthcare where I work. I went to the clinic and they sent me across the street to have my CT scan done. Got the results, my wife dropped off my disk at my Dr.'s office. He looked at it and confirmed the diverticulitis, and not my appendix. He took the disk to the hospital and is going to have some other dr.s look at it. Nice to have friends in the right places. Just glad that it was caught early and I didn't let it get too bad. Dr. asked me if I wanted to get admitted for IV meds. Nope would rather stay at home.

On a side note. I can't understand why people would want to abuse pain meds. They do absolutely nothing for me. No "high". Nothing. Takes the edge off and that is about it. If anything they make me feel rather stupid and dumb. Plus they give me a stomach ache. Now the first time that I had it bad. When I was given morphine IV. That is a different story.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I was in the hospital for 11 days after my reversal surgery and was getting successively smaller and smaller doses of Dilaudid for the pain the whole time. After i was sent home my doctor gave me a 4 day supply of dilaudid pills. When i finally stopped taking them, i went through 3 days of pretty serious withdrawal , which was a whole new kind of pain on top the the pain from the surgery. I didn't like the buzz from the pills but at least i was able to sleep.

I can see how some folks might get addicted to that stuff, the 3 days of withdrawal almost had me drinking again....and that's a bad thing.

Hope you are feeling better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast